MTN Black Friday Discussions

znubair

I did the R199 Black Friday upgrade package, 50GB and 500 mins

I only received 16GB data allocation today, anyone else have the incorrect amount of data allocated?

SliqRick

I'm on the R99 pm 21GB + 50min.
Got absolutely nothing in terms of data or minutes today. I'm drained by this company!!

tattoo002

Thinking of setting up a dual calling sim, googled a bit, apparently you go in and buy a prepaid mtn sim, and phone the call center. They will link for you. Has anyone tried this?

Also, once service is active, can I still do data share using my primary sim?
I hit a brick wall trying to setup dual calling.

m3z

I did the R199 Black Friday upgrade package, 50GB and 500 mins

I only received 16GB data allocation today, anyone else have the incorrect amount of data allocated?
Mine too... I upgraded the week after BF to this package, did it telephonically with the retentions dept.

The lady told 550 mins, 100 SMS and 50GB per month. Received 15GB only... I thought maybe I heard wrong... (Fifteen sounding like Fifty).

My wife upgraded her contract on 26 January to a 50 mins, 50GB package via retentions, and she received 500 mins and 50GB. MTN, I dunno anymore...

sand_man

Honorary Master
What's this kak?!!! I loaded R100 airtime on my daughters prepaid account on the 8th of February. Today it's down to R35.22. Only bundle purchased was a R20 voice bundle on the 8th... Trying to get to the bottom of the disappearing airtime I discover this f ucking BS!!!

IMG-20210214-WA0026.jpg

Lishen23

What's this kak?!!! I loaded R100 airtime on my daughters prepaid account on the 8th of February. Today it's down to R35.22. Only bundle purchased was a R20 voice bundle on the 8th... Trying to get to the bottom of the disappearing airtime I discover this f ucking BS!!!

View attachment 1020426
I'm absolutely certain that MTN are up to some illegal BS with the WASPs because I have a contract SIM that I ONLY use in a router and that SIM somehow signed up to a WASP like this, I've never taken it out of the router in months, I never sent any SMS on the router or ran any USSD commands, no way I could have signed up for anything.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I'm absolutely certain that MTN are up to some illegal BS with the WASPs because I have a contract SIM that I ONLY use in a router and that SIM somehow signed up to a WASP like this, I've never taken it out of the router in months, I never sent any SMS on the router or ran any USSD commands, no way I could have signed up for anything.
They f ucking thieves!! Period!!

MidnightZA

Expert Member

Same happened to me with 2 different sims in 2 different routers.

electrix

They f ucking thieves!! Period!!

Agreed. Even with all WASP blocked and data OBB blocked, Airtime still depletes.

Another trick i see they doing is randomly removing the discounts on your contract monthly bills, so you end up overpaying on your contract

uzairb

I also mysteriously been subscribed to this crap..
In the MTN app, go to More>Subscriptions
You might be able to remove/unsubscribe from there.

sand_man

Honorary Master
I also mysteriously been subscribed to this crap..
In the MTN app, go to More>Subscriptions
You might be able to remove/unsubscribe from there.
Yeah. Done. It really irritates me we were automatically subbed to this bs. It's my 14 year old daughter's number. What does she know of WASP's and mtn's connivery?

LightyBobby

Hi All,

Regarding the outstanding issue of DataShare, perhaps we need to stand together and tackle them head on as a group, opposed to individuals whom they probably just pushing to the side.
It’s simple, they are in breach of contract.

thoughts ?

MRK911

Has anyone received any feedback regarding the incorrect data allocations?
still waiting for them to get back to me...

Gamer_ROG1

Hi All,

Regarding the outstanding issue of DataShare, perhaps we need to stand together and tackle them head on as a group, opposed to individuals whom they probably just pushing to the side.
It’s simple, they are in breach of contract.

thoughts ?
My feelings exactly. I would definitely be part of such a group