MTN Black Friday Discussions

franas

So I'm told I can only migrate to a higher package after 3 months, were you told differently or was your contract older then 3 months?
Good day please mail me then I can look in to your account. I would need your number in question.

francois.vanriet@mtn. com

rick9k

Not sure if mtn are getting creative with their accounting but I was monitoring my usage earlier for night data, my balance went down I was happy, then after doing a few more things, I checked it again, it went UP and my main bundle went down.

Lishen23

Not being used?
Actually he's right, my night data isn't working again, the issue seems to be very complex on their system. Night data doesn't work on any sims if datashare is toggled on, once you toggle it off, night data starts working. I toggled it off this weekend because the customer rep I spoke to wanted to be able to see on the system that datashare was off and night data wasn't being used past midnight.

It's a very odd issue.

Stevewarren

Also have not got any reply from MTN about this night data issue. I emailed about a week ago and nothing.

airborne

Honorary Master
Actually he's right, my night data isn't working again, the issue seems to be very complex on their system. Night data doesn't work on any sims if datashare is toggled on, once you toggle it off, night data starts working. I toggled it off this weekend because the customer rep I spoke to wanted to be able to see on the system that datashare was off and night data wasn't being used past midnight.

It's a very odd issue.

Does night data not work on the main sim either?
Night Data only works on the main sim which I discovered once to my horror... :X3:
They don't seem to advertise that fact very well.

Lishen23

Night Data only works on the main sim which I discovered once to my horror... :X3:
They don't seem to advertise that fact very well.
I'm talking about the main sim. If datashare is on you cant access night data from ANY sim including the main sim. When its off then the night data becomes accessible. Like I said, weird issue.

Like last night I switched datashare on in the app but didn't link any numbers. The night data was not being depleted from the main sim. Then I switched datashare off and tried again and this time it was being depleted.

Dean01

Anyone know if the MTN CONTRACT portal is down? I've tried to log in for a while now and gives an error.

Azimuth

Expert Member
Got my first call from Ebberdene today after 48 hours. I’m pretty hopeful. Thanks @sand_man.

It’s been 7 days since Ebbedene first made contact and, while I’m not on the BF R149 15GB 500min 50 SMS deal just yet, I’m getting close.

Seems like MTN is busy with some sort of migration so I still have another week to wait.

In the meantime, Ebbedene arranged 20GB data and R180 airtime. Legendary.

dlevine

It’s been 7 days since Ebbedene first made contact and, while I’m not on the BF R149 15GB 500min 50 SMS deal just yet, I’m getting close.

Seems like MTN is busy with some sort of migration so I still have another week to wait.

In the meantime, Ebbedene arranged 20GB data and R180 airtime. Legendary.
I converted R150.00 last night to 500 mins for 30 days. The daily deals are very good value.

Stevewarren

I'm talking about the main sim. If datashare is on you cant access night data from ANY sim including the main sim. When its off then the night data becomes accessible. Like I said, weird issue.

Like last night I switched datashare on in the app but didn't link any numbers. The night data was not being depleted from the main sim. Then I switched datashare off and tried again and this time it was being depleted.
My night data still doesn't work and no response from MTN.

LegionX

My night data still doesn't work and no response from MTN.
Same on my side, until I delinked all my datashare Sims, then I was able to use 80gig of it on ps games. Not bad for a night, pity I will lose 320gig night.

Only thing is to relink it in the morning.l, so the Sims have access to my data