MTN Black Friday Discussions

Nimz

Executive Member
Only non promo data can be shared

So ask them what portion of the data on that contract is non promo.

Consultants told me the same thing for a BF deal I took. Turns out, from the 15GB allocated 1GB is non promo and i'm able to share it

Die Uwe

awesome thanks
Only non promo data can be shared

So ask them what portion of the data on that contract is non promo.

Consultants told me the same thing for a BF deal I took. Turns out, from the 15GB allocated 1GB is non promo and i'm able to share it

wizardofid

Executive Member
Hi guys this is technically a BF Friday deal, upgraded to this today, received my prorate data and everything within 5 minutes after approval. However they were really iffy and wanted me to sent proof that I did indeed receive this deal via email and didn't get the code from someone else, so needed to send them a screen cap. So not sure if this will be helpful to anyone else, fyi the data is broken down into 150gig anytime and 150 gig night express, regardless of that it is still a pretty good deal. Before I was paying R299.00 for 50gig anytime and 30gig night express, paying the same for triple the amount of data is a score in my books, sure it is 36 months, 12 months longer, but price and amount of data, I am not complaining.
If you are expecting price reduction because of the spectrum soon, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

50 gig will be sharable, will have to wait till the 12th to exactly see, what is loaded on each bundle, as there is the BF bundle, the anytime bundle and then the promotional bundle. Fking annoyingly confusing, for no another reason to pull out what little hair I have left.

So if you do attempt to get this deal, DO NOT mention you got the code from someone else, they will NOT give it, secondly this is a rentions only deal, normal contract call center can't assist, so ask to be put through to the cancellations and retentions department. Mention perhaps you got the email written down the code to phone MTN and deleted the email or not at your computer or whatever.

They seem to be really iff when it comes to deal codes sent via email lately, or depends on the call center agent. Also this deal is only for UPGRADES, so don't even attempt it for a new contract, it won't work. If you run into issues sent me a PM and I can send you the full screen cap.....

This is a really good deal, specially for anytime data, considering their closest package to this is Fixed LTE mtnchoice home 220gig, split 110/110 for R400,00 bucks. This deal gives you 80gig more data and for R100 cheaper.

mtn3.jpg

MTN deal.jpg

wizardofid

Executive Member
You say 150+150 but the ad says 300gb anytime?
yeah I know I queried it, and the agent gave me the break down they have on the system for the deal as follows.

50/50 is the mychoice 100gig, the 100/100 is promotional data, a marketing mistaken, I don't care much for either, as I do use a lot of night express data. It is still a good deal and would have taken it with just 300gig anytime with no night express or split as it is now.

Like I said the cheapest closest package is R100 more, 80gig less data and fixed lte....

Will get exact figures and how it is broken down on the 12th. The weird thing, is the bf data portion, shows BF10gig but the actual prorate data allocation is 17gig, so I don't whether that BF prorate is once off or every month, I have no idea, the call center agent was on the ball, but even she had a hard time understanding how the break down works.

Break down on the MTN app....fk knows how they manage these different allocations...............Good luck figuring it out.....Have ZERO idea why the FK the BF(aka MTN sky revamp) is night data expiring on a different date.

Screenshot_20220401-160835.png

Screenshot_20220401-160853.png

Die Uwe

Hi guys this is technically a BF Friday deal, upgraded to this today, received my prorate data and everything within 5 minutes after approval. However they were really iffy and wanted me to sent proof that I did indeed receive this deal via email and didn't get the code from someone else, so needed to send them a screen cap. So not sure if this will be helpful to anyone else, fyi the data is broken down into 150gig anytime and 150 gig night express, regardless of that it is still a pretty good deal. Before I was paying R299.00 for 50gig anytime and 30gig night express, paying the same for triple the amount of data is a score in my books, sure it is 36 months, 12 months longer, but price and amount of data, I am not complaining.
If you are expecting price reduction because of the spectrum soon, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

50 gig will be sharable, will have to wait till the 12th to exactly see, what is loaded on each bundle, as there is the BF bundle, the anytime bundle and then the promotional bundle. Fking annoyingly confusing, for no another reason to pull out what little hair I have left.

So if you do attempt to get this deal, DO NOT mention you got the code from someone else, they will NOT give it, secondly this is a rentions only deal, normal contract call center can't assist, so ask to be put through to the cancellations and retentions department. Mention perhaps you got the email written down the code to phone MTN and deleted the email or not at your computer or whatever.

They seem to be really iff when it comes to deal codes sent via email lately, or depends on the call center agent. Also this deal is only for UPGRADES, so don't even attempt it for a new contract, it won't work. If you run into issues sent me a PM and I can send you the full screen cap.....

This is a really good deal, specially for anytime data, considering their closest package to this is Fixed LTE mtnchoice home 220gig, split 110/110 for R400,00 bucks. This deal gives you 80gig more data and for R100 cheaper.

View attachment 1281800

View attachment 1281790
This is exactly what they offered me, I would go with the 24 months at R50 more.
The retentions guy was adamant that I cant data share.

Will you please feedback here if you are able to datashare a portion of that data allocation?

wizardofid

Executive Member
This is exactly what they offered me, I would go with the 24 months at R50 more.
The retentions guy was adamant that I cant data share.

Will you please feedback here if you are able to datashare a portion of that data allocation?
You can share inclusive data, the agent is talking kak....36 months is a long time, but doesn't bug me in the least, it is a good deal, would take a year or so before we might see something like MTN choice 200gig or more, needed to upgrade in the next two months anyways.....so either take this, hope it's still available in two months, or take a shittier deal....
What I did today was, to downgrade my other contract to MTN mychoice zero, they keep the sim active, till such time you want to upgrade, will datashare on that, or far as I am aware data share is already active.

wizardofid

Executive Member
Data allocated it is 150/150 But only 250gig was allocated, (50gig less night data) but I suspect because the night data only expires on the 1st of may is when that 50gig will be allocated next.

So basically get the 150gig anytime and 100gig night data on the 12th and 50gig night data(Black friday data) on the 1st of every month. Way to over complicate things MTN. Still a pretty good deal for the 150gig anytime data alone is worth R299.00 to me.
Screenshot_20220412-163844.png

airborne

Honorary Master
Anyone else billed incorrectly after the 5% increase?
View attachment 1308748

Wtf, I never got any communication from them about this, how did you guys find out?

Mines also R565 now.

What’s the point of a contract if they can just randomly decide to change the monthly charge, what allowance do they have for this in the contract agreement?

120ba21d9e8538f44ee13d7c0ba6c00e.jpg

azbob

Honorary Master
Wtf, I never got any communication from them about this, how did you guys find out?

Mines also R565 now.

What’s the point of a contract if they can just randomly decide to change the monthly charge, what allowance do they have for this in the contract agreement?

They sent an email indicating that it will increase by 5%. It was supposed to be R525.

airborne

Honorary Master
They sent an email indicating that it will increase by 5%. It was supposed to be R525.

I can live with 5%, hopefully by the time I need to pay the bill it’s rectified, I have noticed their billing system does work in mysterious ways.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member

Mines also R565 now.

They sent an sms to me but had no specifics regarding price.
Then also found this: https://www.mtn.co.za/Pages/MTN-Subscriptions.aspx

What is annoying is my product and price isn't listed on their communication.
I do share your sentiment regarding contracts:

I've always understood a contract as agreeing on a price for a product over a certain period. That way both the client and service provider know what they have to provide and what they will get.
It helps them with planning for capacity, etc.

And then mybroadband posts articles about mtn's huge data growth, so surely you should be using these profits to drive your business.
Instead you alienate your customers locked into a contract and milk them for every cent.

Sayf777

Expert Member
What's the cancellation amount?

It supposed to be current month + next month + any balance due for sim only contracts but they want to charge 4 X my normal contract amount for early cancellation

ebendl

Expert Member
Mine went from R458 (April 2022) to R470 (Outstanding amount) - so that's more like a 2 - 3% increase.

airborne

Honorary Master
They sent an sms to me but had no specifics regarding price.
Then also found this: https://www.mtn.co.za/Pages/MTN-Subscriptions.aspx

What is annoying is my product and price isn't listed on their communication.
I do share your sentiment regarding contracts:

I've always understood a contract as agreeing on a price for a product over a certain period. That way both the client and service provider know what they have to provide and what they will get.
It helps them with planning for capacity, etc.

And then mybroadband posts articles about mtn's huge data growth, so surely you should be using these profits to drive your business.
Instead you alienate your customers locked into a contract and milk them for every cent.

Thanks for that link.
Amazing what our R499 BF 500gb deals normally go for:

My MTNChoice 400 GB R1299,00 R1 365,00
My MTNChoice 500 GB R1499,00 R1 575,00

Those on the BF 500gb/R499 deals what is your current bill showing as?

azbob

Honorary Master
Thanks for that link.
Amazing what our R499 BF 500gb deals normally go for:

My MTNChoice 400 GB R1299,00 R1 365,00
My MTNChoice 500 GB R1499,00 R1 575,00

Those on the BF 500gb/R499 deals what is your current bill showing as?

So they didn’t increase the R499 BF special by 5% then but rather by the Rand value increase of the full price deal i.e R66