MTN data network downtime - 22 November 2022

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Big MTN data outage

MTN customers have reported they cannot access the Internet on the operator's mobile and fixed-LTE networks for several hours on Tuesday morning.

MTN South Africa's Downdetector page showed a significant increase in reports of issues on its network from around 07:00 AM.

Big MTN data outage

MTN customers have reported they cannot access the Internet on the operator's mobile and fixed-LTE networks for several hours on Tuesday morning.

MTN South Africa's Downdetector page showed a significant increase in reports of issues on its network from around 07:00 AM.
yeah networks been k*k today to say the least. Nogal whilst im shopping for upgrade deals :cautious:

Second outage in a month or so now, bad form!

I would be interested to know what the issue turns out to be. Internet still on/off in Centurion.

Last week we had DNS issue on MTN, and yet MTN keeps saying there is no issue, its my device causing the kak
When we reported the issue this morning on Axxess we got the generic reply. Please reset your router and try again.

@Captain Axxess why does your support love this reset reply as a go to

Still locking up on my side for about 30 sec each time, then comes right again for a while. Rinse Repeat...

Big MTN data outage

MTN South Africa's Downdetector page showed a significant increase in reports of issues on its network from around 07:00

Go semolola November 2022 Mtn ntse e le mathata, a ba re busetse data e re rekileng. Mtn ga e sa tshepagala.

I'm not an MTN customer, and certainly have no idea of what the issues could be. But I can imagine how challenging it must be to try and run a nationwide network when the power keeps going out all over the place, and in a geography where cable and backup-battery theft is a major industry. I do have a twinge of sympathy for their network ops staff.

Back