MTN failed me

andrew37scott

Hi so I recently noticed I can upgrade my account, went to the online shop portal and decided to build my own deal. I ended up applying for the small package with an optional extra minutes and when it came to select the phone, I noticed the Huawei P10 plus didn't have any additional fees attached. What a great deal. It all added up to R138/month. They phoned me to approve, and told me that that price was incorrect and impossible. Luckily I took a screenshot to show a buddy the awesome deal.

They requested me to send an email with confirmation email and screenshot, I did so but now they don't respond. What would you have done?

marioat1

Expert Member
Hi so I recently noticed I can upgrade my account, went to the online shop portal and decided to build my own deal. I ended up applying for the small package with an optional extra minutes and when it came to select the phone, I noticed the Huawei P10 plus didn't have any additional fees attached. What a great deal. It all added up to R138/month. They phoned me to approve, and told me that that price was incorrect and impossible. Luckily I took a screenshot to show a buddy the awesome deal.

They requested me to send an email with confirmation email and screenshot, I did so but now they don't respond. What would you have done?
Had same thing with vodascum earlier in year for s9+ at R249. Went via ICASA and errors on website,yadayada story consumer take a toffee. Even though confirmation emails, credit being etc all done by vodascum.
So just move on, you could see it was error as no value given for device.