MTN porting problem!

Leannemc

My Blackberry and sim arrived on Mon, 20 June - I called immediately to activate the sim and was advised that my desire to port my number from Virgin Mobile was noted and it would take 24 - 48 hours. After 48 hours surpassed, I called again and was told it normally takes 72 hours. On Thursday, I called again as I could see the sim showing as 'active' but my number had not ported and the message when trying to call was that my 'service had been suspended' - I was then advised that the port had not taken place and an MTN number had been assigned to be and the process would have to start again. I was advised to 'check up' with the porting department regularly - very funny. After 4 attempts, and being on hold for more than 40 minutes per attempt, I went back to the call centre who advised that my port would take place on Saturday. Nothing has happened. When I called this morning, the consultants 'couldn't see what the problem was', I then went into an MTN store who then advised that they couldn't get hold of porting either. It has been a week now, and I still cannot use my phone - what is going on over there?!

WhiskyJack

Ive ported to mtn from autopage and I am also struggling to get it activated...they keep telling me "there is a porting problem, please be patient"
i have been waiting for just under 2 weeks to go and pick up my blackberry.

WhiskyJack

Spoke to the young lady that is helping me at Mtn again and she tells me even she cant get hold of the porting department!?

god knows when i will be activated...this is taking forever. "between 2- 24 hours" my @$$

WhiskyJack

Is there anybody that can give me some advice over here?

The MTN consultant says that the activation for my port is just not happening and they dont know why...even though the port was approved 2 weeks ago.

Who can i speak to?...can i contact the porting department myself? anyone know their number?
anyone had similar issues that got resolved?...so frustrating.

Harmrabb

1 Month allready

Hi, just to let you know, i've been waiting a whole month for my port to go through from vodacom to MTN. First time they just assigned me a new number since the guys at the shop didn't realy care what i requested. Now they told me it would have gone through this week, sim is active but now it says the number is not RICA'ed or my service has been suspended witch is what it did when they game me the new number to begin with. To be fair, I had worse problems with Vodacom but this does not fly.

Kgabogk

Expert Member
Is there anybody that can give me some advice over here?

The MTN consultant says that the activation for my port is just not happening and they dont know why...even though the port was approved 2 weeks ago.

Who can i speak to?...can i contact the porting department myself? anyone know their number?
anyone had similar issues that got resolved?...so frustrating.
post this in the mtn forums or pm snakepit he'l sure sort this problm out for you