MTN Scamming

Flamebo

I log onto https://mycontract.mtn.co.za/. I see there is what I assume is a promo or services I pay for but have not been activated yet.
Untitled-3.jpg

350min MTN to MTN and 25min MTN to MTN, both show R0.0 Activation fee and R0.0 Monthly fee. Go check if you are on MTN now...
350min.jpg
I activated these services on 25 April.
This month I get a nasty surprise of an extra R211.84(Once-off MTN to MTN 350min) and the R 25.22(Once-off MTN to MTN 25min). Both these services have not been added to my account.

YelloData was another scam by the #YelloScammers . I had to change bank accounts to get rid of them.

Does this seem like a glitch/scam to anyone else?

ginggs

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Super Moderator
What was in the Terms and Conditions?

Flamebo

It's all greek to me, but all the other bundles stated the price clearly. These were listed clearly as R0.0.

Below is the terms and conditions for a 50min Anytime bundle. I did not think I would need to take a screenshot of the previous bundles. If they only state the price in the T&C, that would be extremely unethical. I have still not received the minutes I have now paid for. I can't, see the exact T&Cs of those bundles because they are already activated. The T&Cs are all standard, with no mention of hidden costs.

I have a recording where I speak to one of the MTN call centre(Dial 135) ladies, after not getting anywhere, she advised that I speak to her supervisor and "just go wild on him" not sure what that means, but I assume... clearly convey my frustration? This clearly means that she agrees. Obviously she said her supervisor was busy and would call me back, big surprise, they never did.

T&C1.jpg

T&C2b.jpg

T&C3b.jpg

Flamebo

Latest development. After I canceled the services on 4th of June, I get billed again this month. Still have not received the MTN to MTN minutes.

Flamebo

After numerous calls and a visit to their retail store, MTN has finally credited my account.