These are the MTN USSD codes to load and query data bundles and other options. This should alleviate the necessity to put the SIM in a regular phone for these actions.
1. *141# - Balance Enquiry
"Y'ello. You have Rxx.xx airtime, xx.xxMB Data, xx MMS and xxx SMS (xx exp dd/mm) remaining."
2. *141*<PIN># - Recharge Request
3. *141*4# - Tariff Analyser and Priceplan Migrations menu
4. *141*4*0# - Tariff Analyser
5. *141*4*<Price Plan Option># - Priceplan migration
6. *141*6*<BundleSize># - Data bundle purchase
7. *141*6*0# - Data bundle cancellation
8. *141*6328*<MSISDN># - Me2U Top Up Request
9. *141*6328*<MSISDN>*<AMOUNT># - Me2U Transfer
10. *141*7*<BundleSize># SMS bundle purchase
11. *141*7*0# - SMS bundle cancellation
12. *141*8# - Yello Fortune Entries
Which device are you using? You should be able to get the IMSI from the device itself without USSD. Retrieving the mobile telephone number is a different story; it has to come from the network (because the numbers can be reassigned). Fortunately, MTN do have a USSD code for this:Does anyone know what the USSD code is in order to generate a IMSI number? (not IMEI number )