MWEB keeps charging despite suspended service

wtrampedg

Can mweb keep billing me despite suspending my internet service? They suspended my service a few months ago and my bill has been racking up with them despite this. It's an old account that I never bother checking my bills on assuming the subscription amount would cover it. Low and behold I've been going out of bundle and they have been happily charging me for it. My mistake for not checking my bills, but can they just keep charging me? It's near impossible to get a hold of their billing team but very easy to become a new customer.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Yes, read the terms and conditions.
You will be billed until you cancel.
Regardless if you are in arrears or have been suspended.
You are still liable for subscription charges during suspension.

wtrampedg

Thanks for the response, I'll be sure to check it out. Surely it should be fair business practice to allow my bill in arrears to be paid by my current subscription though, despite lack of service.

ren456

I am experiencing the worst service ever from mweb. I just added a web hosting product on my account and I cant get any help as to how it works. i called they told me about c panel that i cant even log in coz all password and username they sent me is useless.
i have cancelled the product and was told consultant will call me and no calls. everytime i call with my own airtime they try to convince me to keep the product and when i tell them no they hung up and say they cant help me to cancel.
i have now lodge complaint with the consumer ombudsman.

affiinity

I am desperate to get in touch with MWeb. You cannot communicate with them either by phone or online without them first sending you a PIN number by SMS, but they have the wrong cell phone number registered so I don't get the pin. So how do I tell them that? So frustrating! If anyone from MWeb is on this forum please respond with an email address, or ask someone to call me. Account number 98397. accounts@ and cancellations@ do NOT work.