MWEB launches discounted high-end capped ADSL data bundle

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
That's actually not too bad.

The off peak amount is a bit low though, being only 200GBs.

Sadly, not enough for me to leave CW, but good try.

DJ...

Banned
We've also increased our cap sizes for home capped and increased performance across the board too.

Perhaps one day we'll also get our own MyBB news article...:D

Dan C

Honorary Master
Yikes, thought I'd never say this. But that's a good deal from MWEB. Not that I will ever join them.

ghostR

Executive Member
That's actually not too bad.

The off peak amount is a bit low though, being only 200GBs.

Don't forget the OOB costs there which works out to around R205 per gig with this Mweb Special.

Also the midnight - 6am data is a promotion period according to the article.

Not exactly slashing pricing at all in relation to current market offers... perhaps a price slash from mweb's usual prices.

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
We've also increased our cap sizes for home capped and increased performance across the board too.

One can dream.

BTW, your new capped packages with the upgraded caps aren't showing on your website.

The package I'm on still shows as 120 + 360, but support informed me its now 150 + 450.

DJ...

Banned
One can dream.

BTW, your new capped packages with the upgraded caps aren't showing on your website.

The package I'm on still shows as 120 + 360, but support informed me its now 150 + 450.
Yup, quietly increased for existing customers. Will permanently adjust on the site in the coming days...

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Yup, quietly increased for existing customers. Will permanently adjust on the site in the coming days...
That's exactly what I asked for 3 or 4 months ago, 150GB + after hours, too bad it took this long, but I will keep in mind if my current ISP fails me at some point.

ghostR

Executive Member
That's exactly what I asked for 3 or 4 months ago, 150GB + after hours, too bad it took this long, but I will keep in mind if my current ISP fails me at some point.
who's your current ISP, should be able to tell you when that point is.

Shalin_ZN

Expert Member
Bundle? So it includes adsl rental?
Highly doubt it includes ADSL line rental.

Simply based on the fact that ADSL line rental prices changes as speed increased.

A 10mb line is like R425 alone, let alone the cost of the data.

abzo

Honorary Master
Highly doubt it includes ADSL line rental.

Simply based on the fact that ADSL line rental prices changes as speed increased.

A 10mb line is like R425 alone, let alone the cost of the data.
Suspected so too. Just wondering what makes it a bundle. The bundling of day and night data?

bokka1

Expert Member
Have a look at this:

It's quick and easy to buy additional data if you need more than your package allows. Our Capped ADSL packages are what we call soft capped, so you'll be able to get online even if you've hit your data limit.

When you reach your cap, you will switch to Out of Bundle usage so you will still be able to access the internet and you will pay R0.20 per MB for out of package usage.

Alternatively you can opt for booster based billing. This allows you to purchase additional data bundles once your base cap is depleted. 1.5GB booster available for R99 or 3.5GB booster available for R250. To enable booster based billing, visit My Account.

Necuno

Court Jester

Perhaps if you were not naspters-free or openskelms-free....

O well we can only hope...