MXit put to some good use

rpm

Admin
Staff member
MXit put to some good use

MXIT, the cellphone instant messaging service best known for chatting teenagers, is now being used to help drug users on the Cape Flats kick their habit.

bex.cpt

Expert Member
A ray of hope for the kids on the Cape Flats. I always said there is a good side and bad side to everything & as a Mxit user myself I am well chuffed that it is being used for something other than Cyber antics :D

That was a brilliant article. Thanks

Saajid

Expert Member
I remember not so long ago how many parents, politicians and others were outraged by Mxit and wanted to shut them down because some people were using it inappropriately (e.g. paedofiles on Mxit, kids exchanging nude photos, etc)

Like any technology, it can be used for good, or bad. Just because some people choose to use it for bad doesn't make the technology itself bad. Parents who do a poor job of parenting are quick to blame Mxit for the inappropriate behaviour of their kids, when in fact, it is the parents who are to blame.

This article is proof that technology is just technology. It cannot be blamed for, or shut down, because of the stupid actions of some. It can be used for a lot of good, and can make our lives better.

Lydon

Expert Member
Exactly! It can be used for good or bad.

There's also a Childline contact you can add should you need support they can provide, among many other things.

XysteR

Quite an ignorant title if you ask me. Implies mxit is never put to good use, clearly written by someone with no prior knowledge/experience

Ashez7

BIG UPS

big ups to mr parker because the flatz need more people like him:):):)!!!!!

<moLe>

Expert Member
How will these poor drug users pay their cellphone bills?

it is probably the cheapest form of cellular comunication there is. And this is a good initiative, fck atleast this oke tried to make a difference, when last did you really do something this meaningfull with your life?