MXIT!

LoneWolf

Expert Member
Ja ****, he is already taller than me, so don’t know how long the illusion will last!
I don’t mind the mixit, but rather the anti-social behavior it promotes in SOME users. It started getting a bit much as he had this stupid notice sound every time someone posts, so that lead to the death of the first phone. Then he had the thing vibrate instead, I could handle that, even when watching a DVD together, but one morning his mother’s car would not start and he had to help me push start it, he did so with one hand on the car and the other busy on mixit, that was the demise of the second phone right there on the tarmac. Now we understand each other, and he shows some consideration.
i know exactly how you feel when you constantly see him on his phone...i can see the expression and emotion on my dad's face everytime he want to talk to me or share something and i'm in my own world chatting to girls etc. on mxit...i know where my limits is, but sometimes it can get out of hand...if you can't control yourself, it can become an addiction which in itself can actually destroy relationships...im sorry to hear that it had to take 2 phones to get the message through to him...lol...i hope he learned his lesson ;)

Tux

Software Communist
Well, my fandamily's spread out over most of Southern Africa. Some in mosselbay, a cousin in Mutare, Mocambique. Couple of them in Cape town, a hippie in durbs, mum and a sister in Bultfontein in the middle of the OFS... And mxit works quite well to keep in touch with each other.

Of all the mxit contacts I have, only 5 of them are not family or people that I haven't known before

DDV TECH

Expert Member
i know exactly how you feel when you constantly see him on his phone...i can see the expression and emotion on my dad's face everytime he want to talk to me or share something and i'm in my own world chatting to girls etc. on mxit...i know where my limits is, but sometimes it can get out of hand...if you can't control yourself, it can become an addiction which in itself can actually destroy relationships...im sorry to hear that it had to take 2 phones to get the message through to him...lol...i hope he learned his lesson ;)
Ja well he still won in the end I think, I felt so bad afterwards that I bought him the phone he always wanted, not the cheapest lesson I ever taught him…….:D

adelp

Expert Member
Ah^ that is why you never ever tell random people personal info.

I use it to keep in touch everynow and again. I like it, I am student. Mxit = cheap therefore Mxit = a blessing.

No i haven't met anyone on mxit..thats just plain retarded.
I was a manager at a big nightclub, i never said which one but now i know how easy it was to figure out, I just said somewhere in JHB.

d-_-b

Yes, No, Liked it in the beginning but I really lost faith in it after it locked out other jabber servers.

I do believe it is trying to hold on to a monopoly in RSA and only time will tell how it works out for them.

Regards,

slayerza

I agree on the anti-social tendencies some users exhibit. I irritates the living daylights out of me if I'm talking to the person (in person) and the Mxit (or other service) zone-out occurs. Geez don't these people have a concept of how to act in a social situation?

defcomk

I started using Mxit in 2005
But in 05 Mxit wasnt as popular and only people with GPRS phones those days could use Mxit.... twas only a select few!:p
June 2005 had only like two contacts one them being info i still use it up till 2day now with multimix you can chat to all ur frends

krycor

Honorary Master
i use to to chat to existing friends, don't understand how people claim to meet people..