My positive CoolIdeas and VUMA Experience

blaine666

So after having endless problems with WebAfrica on my one and only fibre line running on VUMA into my business, I thought I would cancel and move to Cool Ideas, cancelling WebAfrica became an even bigger nightmare so I decided to apply with Cool Ideas and get a second fibre line into my premises.

On the 08/08/2020 Saturday I filled out all info and applied on Cool Ideas, on Tuesday 11/08/2020 Cool Ideas escalated to VUMA to have a second premise created for me on their system and by Friday 14/08/2020 that was all done. Very good so far.

On the Thursday 20/08/2020 VUMA came t install the second fibre line and it was activated with a few hours on Cool Ideas side, so now I effectively have two 1Gbs fibre lines into my building.

So great service and timing from Cool Ideas and VUMA with this one, roughly 8 business days, credit where credit is due and @PBCool also assisted in answering my queries I had.

Now instead of cancelling my WebAfrica, business has decided to keep both, the UniFi router we run says it can do load balancing not sure if it really works effectively giving us access to both 1Gbs lines at the same time, but for failover it works perfect with Cool Ideas now our main line.

My only complaint is still no fixed IP address on any Fibre service provider unfortunately unless you go with business packages which has insanely high pricing. In theory the IP address doesn't change that often but when it does its disaster for us. Trying to figure out a solution for that.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So after having endless problems with WebAfrica on my one and only fibre line running on VUMA into my business, I thought I would cancel and move to Cool Ideas, cancelling WebAfrica became an even bigger nightmare so I decided to apply with Cool Ideas and get a second fibre line into my premises.

On the 08/08/2020 Saturday I filled out all info and applied on Cool Ideas, on Tuesday 11/08/2020 Cool Ideas escalated to VUMA to have a second premise created for me on their system and by Friday 14/08/2020 that was all done. Very good so far.

On the Thursday 20/08/2020 VUMA came t install the second fibre line and it was activated with a few hours on Cool Ideas side, so now I effectively have two 1Gbs fibre lines into my building.

So great service and timing from Cool Ideas and VUMA with this one, roughly 8 business days, credit where credit is due and @PBCool also assisted in answering my queries I had.

Now instead of cancelling my WebAfrica, business has decided to keep both, the UniFi router we run says it can do load balancing not sure if it really works effectively giving us access to both 1Gbs lines at the same time, but for failover it works perfect with Cool Ideas now our main line.

My only complaint is still no fixed IP address on any Fibre service provider unfortunately unless you go with business packages which has insanely high pricing. In theory the IP address doesn't change that often but when it does its disaster for us. Trying to figure out a solution for that.
Thanks for the punt! Is this on Vumatel trenched or Aerial?

cavedog

Honorary Master
I was told could take between 3/4 weeks but it took them 3/4 days only. So I was very impressed. Might be just luck.

Probably but anyways how is 2 x 1Gbps connections.

Come on who said SA is a Third World country when you can have 2Gbps for less than 3k per month.

blaine666

Probably but anyways how is 2 x 1Gbps connections.

Come on who said SA is a Third World country when you can have 2Gbps for less than 3k per month.

We having quite a lot of fun in the office today trying to DL as much as we can, maybe if we had a more enterprise router we could do more with the 2 lines, but for now, we are happy.

You right, for 3k per month it is unbelievable.

Ideally we would like to get higher upload speeds as well on the 1Gbs lines, not sure why they capped to 100mb.

Maybe @PBCool can shed light?

DeatheCore

We having quite a lot of fun in the office today trying to DL as much as we can, maybe if we had a more enterprise router we could do more with the 2 lines, but for now, we are happy.

You right, for 3k per month it is unbelievable.

Ideally we would like to get higher upload speeds as well on the 1Gbs lines, not sure why they capped to 100mb.

Maybe @PBCool can shed light?
Yeah the upload asymmetry is silly especially on active ethernet.. probably trying to cut down backhaul costs or something? Out of all the FNOs that offer 1Gbps, Vuma has the lowest upload speed :unsure: