My sonoff camera arrived.. and I'm impressed

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
See I was looking at these: https://www.gearbest.com/ip-cameras/pp_009413834233.html?wid=1349303

Main Features:
1080P resolution, shoot high-quality and smooth video.
Infrared Night Vision, built-in 6pcs high-power LED infrared lights to reach 8 - 15m night vision distance, see clearly in the dark night.
360 degree horizontal view and 90 degree vertical view
APP control, monitor and record, give you ease of mind when you are not home.
Sensitive motion detection, AI human shape recognition, instant and accurate alarm push.
Intelligent Tracking, turn up / down left / right with the target, make sure the set target is always in the center of the picture.
support two-way audio, built-in microphone and speaker, talk to your family or pet when you are away.
H.265 encoding format, save more storage space and ensure the image quality.
● Support cloud storage and up to 128G SD card storage ( not included ).
Get a Wyze cam instead if the Sonoff doesn't tick your boxes.

abudabi

Expert Member
This camera suppors motion detection... but Im assuming that's only in its own app.

Can this feature be used in hass / node red as well?

patrick123

Expert Member
This camera suppors motion detection... but Im assuming that's only in its own app.

Can this feature be used in hass / node red as well?
You are able to utilise cloud services or the likes of Facebox for object detection/facial recognition and link this in with Node Red. I don't know to what extent HA does this.

spiff

Executive Member
must say the wyze PTZ camera that I bought works very well for what I need it for.

I just prefer not to have 1 app doing everything.
ewelink handles my lights / pumps timers etc.
wyze handles my security alerts - doors / windows etc.

abudabi

Expert Member
You are able to utilise cloud services or the likes of Facebox for object detection/facial recognition and link this in with Node Red. I don't know to what extent HA does this.
Hmmm.. This sounds cool. So with facebox and node red/HA, I can program it to so that when I get home it will recognise my face and disarm the alarm, switch on lights, turn on the tv etc. ?

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Not familiar with that site. International?
How much was the shipping?
Banggood is in China.
R54.76 for Buffalo tax free option. Doesn't matter if you buy 1 or 100. Same price.
Mine get handled by Paxi once they get to SA.

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
How do you organise the Paxi handoff? Buying anything from overseas and entrusting it to the tender care of SAPO keeps me awake at night. Paxi sounds so much better.
It depends where you are. Mine has been handled by independent couriers/drivers and fastway

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
It depends where you are. Mine has been handled by independent couriers/drivers and fastway
How do you organise the Paxi handoff? Buying anything from overseas and entrusting it to the tender care of SAPO keeps me awake at night. Paxi sounds so much better.
It arrives at Buffalo in SA. Buffalo then handed it off to a 3rd party delivery service. I think the packages come as a consignment from what I can work out. My packages come with no track of having come from China. Just a plane grey pouch with a Paxi label on. Must have something to do with the tax free option.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
@abudabi

How are your cameras working out now that you have had some time to use them? I'm thinking of ordering a few when I do my next order from China.

abudabi

Expert Member
@abudabi

How are your cameras working out now that you have had some time to use them? I'm thinking of ordering a few when I do my next order from China.
I've only got the one... But yeah it's been working great on my patio. Don't use it extensively... But when I need picture it's there :)

For outside I've been eyeing these ones. Seems to get good reviews on AMAZON. Linking it to their poe switch should make cabling easy.

Thor

Honorary Master
I've only got the one... But yeah it's been working great on my patio. Don't use it extensively... But when I need picture it's there :)

For outside I've been eyeing these ones. Seems to get good reviews on AMAZON. Linking it to their poe switch should make cabling easy.

If you want that kind of camera then rather just het the 2MP UNV cameras locally from eurobyte.

They've about R250 each and the pictures quality is very good better than any other 2MP you'll find.

Freakboy

Expert Member
If you want that kind of camera then rather just het the 2MP UNV cameras locally from eurobyte.

They've about R250 each and the pictures quality is very good better than any other 2MP you'll find.
Don't they only sell to resellers/installers?

No thanks. Wyze cams for me.
I'm also looking at these but need stuff to work with HASS.IO/Alexa/Google Nest :unsure: