MyADSL Movie Thread

checked out a site today called MOVIEWEB and it has a couple of new movies for 2008 so i am making my list to go a watch them or try get copies.
 
Excellent movie IMO. Took balls to make it. Don't expect a "big Will Smith action movie". Pretty emotional in some scenes.

I also thought it was quite good. Smith did a good job considering the limited dialogue for a large part of the film (being the last man on earth doesn't really leave much in the way of dialogue), but he did make up for it with a few good emotional scenes.
 
Just finished watching "i am legend". Was alright but nothing amazingly spectacular. Why do trailors always make the movie look better than it really is :(

And why was it so short?? I felt like there could have been another 30 mins at least if they had not killed off Mr Smith when they did. They could have still had them missioning to the survivor colony or whatever.

Bleh. :|
 
And why was it so short?? I felt like there could have been another 30 mins at least if they had not killed off Mr Smith when they did. They could have still had them missioning to the survivor colony or whatever.

Bleh. :|
WARNING: DONT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED IT ( RE: I AM LEGEND )

There was alot missing. Like how the plague evolved? Yeah we know it was that stupid womens idea that "mutating mumps to cure cancer" but it doesn't show us how it caused so much havoc. Also like you pointed out, he dies and then she arrives on scene with the vaccine *story end* :eek: How did they catch all the mutants, did it work for all of them etc etc. Could have been alot better
 
WARNING: DONT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED IT ( RE: I AM LEGEND )

There was alot missing. Like how the plague evolved? Yeah we know it was that stupid womens idea that "mutating mumps to cure cancer" but it doesn't show us how it caused so much havoc. Also like you pointed out, he dies and then she arrives on scene with the vaccine *story end* :eek: How did they catch all the mutants, did it work for all of them etc etc. Could have been alot better

Really felt like the movie was almost only half of the story. We knew at some point that Smith would find some kind of survivor to band with, but by the time that happened the movie was almost over already.

Thought they could have done with more flashbacks as well to explain how they got to where they were now. They introduced the flashback idea and then only used it very sparingly.

All in all, I was quite disappointed. I love Will Smith movies. I knew this one wasn't going to be like Bad Boys because of the very nature of the story. Nevertheless, I was expecting more.

I'd give it maybe 6/10 and that's only because Will Smith is one of my favourite actors. (Independence Day was just on Movie Magic- what a classic :))
 
Shoot em Up - Seemed to be trying to hard and wished it was something like Crank, which I thought was quite cool. This, not so much. Maybe 5/10

Invasion - Slow moving to say the least. The least effective of all the four movies made from the book "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers". 4/10.

Not a lot of good stuff out this Christmas it seems.
 
Well AVP: Requiem was released yesterday. Hope it's better than the first movie, and from the trailer it seems that Predator is a bad guy again :)
 
Well AVP: Requiem was released yesterday. Hope it's better than the first movie, and from the trailer it seems that Predator is a bad guy again :)

Ya, watching the first on the telly now again for the umpteenth time. It really was not very good at all. A bit like the fourth Alien movie.

Let's hope for better things from this sequel.

There is a lot of hype about the 2nd Batman, and even the 2nd National Treasure- the 1st was pretty poor as well, although Nicky Cage is a legend.
 
Gonna watch it tonight. Will Smith is a legend. Hope the movie lives up to the hype :)

(MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILER>>>)

This is a kiff movie, its both a comedy and action movie. Just one thing...
:confused:Why must the dog die???:confused:
 
Shoot em Up - Seemed to be trying to hard and wished it was something like Crank, which I thought was quite cool. This, not so much. Maybe 5/10
Possibly the worst movie I've seen in recent months.
 
WOW!!!

I Am Legend really good! The audience was immature though and didn't understand what the ''last man'' on earth was going through
 
I know it's a bit "dated" but , i just saw Bourne Ultimatum on DVD tonight for the first time. It is a great movie. 5 stars. The best of the trilogy. :cool::cool::cool:
 
WOW!!!

I Am Legend really good! The audience was immature though and didn't understand what the ''last man'' on earth was going through

Thought the first hour or so was really good. Then it just fell apart with plotholes galore and such an abrupt ending which really ruined it.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X