MyADSL Movie Thread

Has anyone watched "Knowing" yet? Reviews indicate medium to good.

My wife saw it today (while I watched Ice Age 3), and she says: "If you like logic, plausibility and intelligent characterisation, you're out of luck. But if you like heavy-handed religious symbolism or a good music score, you should definitely see it."
 
Has anyone watched "Knowing" yet? Reviews indicate medium to good.

I fell asleep half way, this movie is such a bore! Nicolas Cage looks so tired and worn out that he's almost in need of a walking stick.
 
Heading off to watch Bruno in an hr, will post my thought later so far Ive heard good offensive things about it.
 
Just saw it with a bunch of my buddies and were laughing hysterically. That said definately do not bring any young children, as it is extremely offensive and actually could/should be considered Adults only.

Also if you are homophobic, this movie is probably not for you and/or gay who is offended easily. Personally, there is more male nudity than was expected/needed. But if you look past that, the movie is hilarious. Not sure if any of you enjoyed Sasha's work in Borat &/ or Da Ali G Show, but personally I think he is a pretty funny comedian, and this quite humorous.
 
Knowing was the biggest LOAD OF **** ever!!! I should have rather given away my money and not watched it!!
 
Saw Bruno last night and personally I thought it was hilarious! I'm very open-minded, so it didn't really offend me at all. What I cant understand is why people go watch it knowing it's a Sascha Baron Cohen movie so chances are it will be offensive and then still walk out! Really annoys me. Anyways, no one walked out in our cinema. :)
 
Saw Bruno last night and personally I thought it was hilarious! I'm very open-minded, so it didn't really offend me at all. What I cant understand is why people go watch it knowing it's a Sascha Baron Cohen movie so chances are it will be offensive and then still walk out! Really annoys me. Anyways, no one walked out in our cinema. :)

Oh irony, is there nothing you cant do??? :rolleyes:
From a straight.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/603303/reviews/view.php?type=2&id=1200814

From the target audience - 13-25 year olds.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/720433/reviews/view.php?type=2&id=1200814

And a user review:
WARNING: This is nothing like "Borat," which was inventive -- it is essentially gay porn, with full frontal male nudity, graphic gay sex re-enactments, anus shots, dildos, baby-in-peril scenes, S+M bondage scenes, etc. Very few jokes, and no story at all. Just as "Freddy Got Fingered" tanked Tom Greene's film career (thankfully), this is a gigantic setback for Sasha Baron Cohen. This film is awful, embarrassing, repulsive, and not at all what is suggested by the trailer. I am astonished that the Rotten Tomatoes community has not torpedoed this garbage. After 90 miserable minutes, there was a line at the AMC Guest Services counter with people asking for their money back. Even teenage boys -- who seem to like everything -- left shaking their heads and saying, "That sucked." How this film got past the MPAA without an NC-17 rating is mind-boggling. If you see this film, you will hate yourself, and if you think this is clever, well, I weep for you.

Lol, I think I'll skip this one and watch Transformers 2 instead. At least that's got T1ts&A$$.
 
Saw Bruno last night and personally I thought it was hilarious! I'm very open-minded, so it didn't really offend me at all. What I cant understand is why people go watch it knowing it's a Sascha Baron Cohen movie so chances are it will be offensive and then still walk out! Really annoys me. Anyways, no one walked out in our cinema. :)


Although Borat had a lot of staged pieces I think 95% were staged in Bruno

SPOILER!!!!!

The "hunting trip" was staged totally.

The talk show I would say was half staged as most probably the audience were invited to a "new" talk host... and did not really know what to expect.

Did anyone notice how many faces were blocked out. That means those people refused to sign the disclaimer.

But yes very weak.. and more then likely the last that will be made. It still grossed more than $30m over the first week
 
JUST got back from the movies. We watched TRANSFORMERS 2 I didn't run to the cinema the 1st week to see it with thousands of people. I sat there and enjoyed myself. Damn I cannot wait for part 3. :cool:
 
JUST got back from the movies. We watched TRANSFORMERS 2 I didn't run to the cinema the 1st week to see it with thousands of people. I sat there and enjoyed myself. Damn I cannot wait for part 3. :cool:

Sweet. Going tomorrow. Super keen. Hope the place isn't booked out with damn kiddies!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X