MyBB barter/exchange thread

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
So let's try this. Spawned from the PIF thread which has been working well, the idea is that members can come here and ask for items (maybe some hard to find widget that you can't find in a store) link up with someone who has it and offer them something in return (like another widget or helping them move a couch to a new home or paint a wall or something).

Alternatively, you could post a widget you have and someone could take that widget and give you something (goods or service) in return for it.

The idea is different to the idea of and is meant as something extra not as a replacement because PIF is already great and is working well.

What do you guys think?

Mods, if the thread breaks forum rules, of course I'll delete it.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Calm down, people. Don't everyone respond all at once

Let me give you an example and see if it makes sense.

I am looking for: two matching monitor arms like these ones from Loot: https://www.loot.co.za/product/equi...LRT3blqtBSZTWwYXxlHiLrAbOmYF5uN4aAoNlEALw_wcB. Must be able to pivot and turn and must support at least 8kg per arm (trying to mount Samsung T260s and they are heavy buggers).

I have these things to trade (not all of them at once for the arms but certainly some of them)

1- 500GB 2.5" external hard drive (enclosure is new, HDD is not);
2- 1TB Lenovo external 2.5" HDD (maybe 3 years old but only plugged in to check it works, which it does);
3 - Vodafone Mifi portable modem x 2;
4- cellphone cover;
5- the printer for which I have a separate ad up here https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=974971&share_fid=11467&share_type=t)

Anyone keen for an exchange??

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Calm down, people. Don't everyone respond all at once

Let me give you an example and see if it makes sense.

I am looking for: two matching monitor arms like these ones from Loot: https://www.loot.co.za/product/equi...LRT3blqtBSZTWwYXxlHiLrAbOmYF5uN4aAoNlEALw_wcB. Must be able to pivot and turn and must support at least 8kg per arm (trying to mount Samsung T260s and they are heavy buggers).

I have these things to trade (not all of them at once for the arms but certainly some of them)

1- 500GB 2.5" external hard drive (enclosure is new, HDD is not);
2- 1TB Lenovo external 2.5" HDD (maybe 3 years old but only plugged in to check it works, which it does);
3 - Vodafone Mifi portable modem x 2;
4- cellphone cover;
5- the printer for which I have a separate ad up here https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=974971&share_fid=11467&share_type=t)

Anyone keen for an exchange??
Bump...

The Lenovo hard drive is no longer up for trade (found a use for it).

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Actually guys, looking for your old cellphones. Willing to pay between R300 and R1000

LG G3/G4/G5
Note 3/Note 4
Samsung S4 and S5
Sony Z Ultra

Or what you have. Samsung and Huawei Tablets as well.

Etc etc

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Actually guys, looking for your old cellphones. Willing to pay between R300 and R1000

LG G3/G4/G5
Note 3/Note 4
Samsung S4 and S5
Sony Z Ultra

Or what you have. Samsung and Huawei Tablets as well.

Etc etc
What do you have to offer for exchange?

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
Volcano range. Speaker still in box. Headphones no. Will send pics. Also willing to trade a Carolina Herrera Prive Gift set. 100ml edt and 100ml aftershave

Also 2 ipods

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Item: Roomba irobot vacuum
Details: original Roomba robot vacuum. Bought +10 years ago. Imported from the US. As seen on Parks n Rec (speakers not included)
More details: it worked when last we used it a couple of years ago. It needs a voltage converter as it is from the US and won't run at all off South African electrical outlets. We had just such a converter but have lost it and we don't have the kind of house suited to this type of vacuum now so we won't be replacing it (too many obstacles / toddler)
Want to trade it for something you have lying around that you aren't using. Let me know what you have :)

See pics and pm me for more deets.

theratman

Executive Member
Phanteks ph-tc12dx cpu cooler (white)

Cape Town

Struggled to get it installed so bought a cooler master instead. Have packaging, booklet and accessories, never used other the 2 aborted install attempts. Cat rump not included.

Putting it out there if anyone is looking for one.

Happy to trade for 3.5 external enclosure
Led light strips
Any cool or funky equipment

IMG_20181229_145825.jpeg IMG_20181229_145816.jpeg

Last edited:

theratman

Executive Member
Tplink AV500 wifi extender

Tenda N300 wifi extender

Cape Town

Both in perfect working order and unused. Tenda just needs a dusting also, no box for the tenda unfortunately. Tplink part of a a box starter set.

Happy to trade for 3.5 external enclosure
Led light strips
Any cool or funky equipment

IMG_20181229_150518.jpeg IMG_20181229_150512.jpeg

Last edited:

airborne

Executive Member
Volcano range. Speaker still in box. Headphones no. Will send pics. Also willing to trade a Carolina Herrera Prive Gift set. 100ml edt and 100ml aftershave

Also 2 ipods

Are you up for a swop for the Carlolina Herrera for another men's fragrance, I have a good few bottles and wouldn't mind something new to try?