MyBroadBand and embedded PDF's

Anakha56

Hello All,

So I have no idea where to post this, cant seem to find the location for "Problems with our site" or a contact email that covers this query.

Using the latest Vivaldi browser, reproduced on Edge and Firefox, if I go to say this article: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/inte...r-south-africas-internet-censorship-bill.html the browser tries to open the embedded PDF into the main browser window. It does this with BusinessTech as well. The Vivaldi guys have tracked it down to the following setting:

"We could reproduce this issue when in "settings > Plugins > enable internal pdf viewer" is turned off. However this same issue with same setting disabled also happens on Firefox and Edge. You might want to contact the website support so they can look into it as well."

So mybb @rpm can we look at getting this fixed?

Budza

Executive Member
Hello All,

So I have no idea where to post this, cant seem to find the location for "Problems with our site" or a contact email that covers this query.

Using the latest Vivaldi browser, reproduced on Edge and Firefox, if I go to say this article: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/inte...r-south-africas-internet-censorship-bill.html the browser tries to open the embedded PDF into the main browser window. It does this with BusinessTech as well. The Vivaldi guys have tracked it down to the following setting:

"We could reproduce this issue when in "settings > Plugins > enable internal pdf viewer" is turned off. However this same issue with same setting disabled also happens on Firefox and Edge. You might want to contact the website support so they can look into it as well."

I've used this in the past:

Or something more appropriate from here:

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Would the news site be considered part of the forum for bugs? I would have thought that the thread you have linked is for the forum section only? Will gladly copy and paste into there if it is the right section.
All run by the same people.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Hello All,

It's likely your browser is configured to open PDF. Test with changing to Adobe Reader as the default for PDF.

Anakha56

It's likely your browser is configured to open PDF. Test with changing to Adobe Reader as the default for PDF.

Only setting that Vivaldi has re PDF's is the internal PDF viewer. I have enabled that, never did disable it, and the links open fine. Just thought I would bring it to mybb attention. :)

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Only setting that Vivaldi has re PDF's is the internal PDF viewer. I have enabled that, never did disable it, and the links open fine. Just thought I would bring it to mybb attention. :)
You can override Vivaldi or any browser by using any PDF reader. Nitro, Adobe, Foxit etc.

Once you have the default set Vivaldi shouldn't revert to being the viewer.

Unless I'm completely off track with what's going on :p