MyGica XBMC Linux Media Player - remote not working?

JvanD

Expert Member
Hi there, I bought the MyGica XBMC Linux Media Player ATV510B today and I was wondering if anyone else has a problem synchronizing the integrated keyboard / mouse remote to the player? I am unable to continue to the setup and have pushed numerous combinations as suggested in the manual to no avail.

It seems there is Android 4.0 installed.

Do anyone have one of these and could you steer me in the right direction? :twisted:

Last edited:

Dolby

Honorary Master
I didn't even know these existed - but very nice for the price.

I can't help you with the syncronising - but curious as to how you find it ?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Silly question - if its a keyboard/mouse, have you plugged the USB receiver into the unit?

JvanD

Expert Member
My bad, they didn't supply me with a receiver for the keyboard/mouse remote. Had to buy it on eBay. I bought mine second hand at Cash Crusaders, they thought it was a MP4 player!

I'm loving the unit, running Xbmc Linux on it but there is a few things to do to get it running good.

Last edited:

akescpt

Honorary Master
My bad, they didn't supply me with a receiver for the keyboard/mouse remote. Had to buy it on eBay. I bought mine second hand at Cash Crusaders, they thought it was a MP4 player!

I'm loving the unit, running Xbmc Linux on it but there is a few things to do to get it running good.

How do you find the networking?

JvanD

Expert Member
How do you find the networking?

Wired is better than wifi however you need to move the internal wifi module to the front of the unit.
The placement of the wifi is incorrect giving the unit a bad rep.

Lord Nikon6

Expert Member
Wired is better than wifi however you need to move the internal wifi module to the front of the unit.

hmmm, how tough is it to open the unit. I have the ATV520E, it has an external antenna, but the wifi is still not too great. The remote I got with mine is a tiny remote with no keyboard, but has a mouse button. It did not require any integration/syncing.

JvanD

Expert Member
I managed to open it up in 15 minus with the moving of the internal wifi module.
Strange how people can mess up a good product with incorrect placement.
Streamed 1080p without a hitch.

akescpt

Honorary Master

Almost bought it. How much you pay for it? Can you add plugins to xbmc?

JvanD

Expert Member
Almost bought it. How much you pay for it? Can you add plugins to xbmc?

R499 not bad for the price. Yes you can however adding more plugins could slow it down. You can set it up with Xbmc fusion and all of the add ins that you can think of via zip or online repository.
The trick is to find the right balance without compromising your watching experience.
Heavy skins won't work too well however Confluence rocks.

Lord Nikon6

Expert Member
R499 not bad for the price. Yes you can however adding more plugins could slow it down. You can set it up with Xbmc fusion and all of the add ins that you can think of via zip or online repository.
The trick is to find the right balance without compromising your watching experience.

THe one I have ships with Aeon nox, but confluence is much faster on it.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Can you replace XBMC completely and install Plex on it for instance?

JvanD

Expert Member
Can you replace XBMC completely and install Plex on it for instance?

No, it's either Linux Xbmc or Stock Android. Plex is cool, I like Xbmc better. More customization and yes ... freedom!

akescpt

Honorary Master

Usually go with the default one. Networking is my main concern. I wonder if it can link to my server and sync read/unread for series.