• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

National Consumer Council

rpm

Admin
Staff member
The National Consumer Council has no website yet, and no easy way to find their information. The way we tracked them down was to call the DTI, and then get the NCC's details.

Here are the details for the National Consumer Council:

Phone - 0860266786

e-mail: ncc@thedti.gov.za

Fax: 0861515259

All complaints must be emailed or faxed to the NCC with all relevant details...

Last edited:

Bern

Expert Member
Awesome, now I can nail VC for their downtime so it is not just 7 complaints!!

bekdik

Honorary Master
For what it's worth, I heard nothing more about a query I submitted mid June and which had a 6 week expected completion date (dti estimate), so I'm guessing that either they're taking strain or it's like any other government structure.

KingLv

The National Consumer Council has no website yet, and no easy way to find their information. The way we tracked them down was to call the DTI, and then get the NCC's details.

Here are the details for the National Consumer Council:

Phone - 0860266786

e-mail: ncc@thedti.gov.za

Fax: 0861515259

All complaints must be emailed or faxed to the NCC with all relevant details...
Has anybody been able to get hold of NCC...

I tried once but had no luck.

j4ck455

Expert Member
It must be like that R1.2-billion satellite South Africa has...

I can just see Zuma lifting specs with his middle finger as I typed this....
The biggest problem with the NCC is that it falls under the interference of the Department of Trade and Industry which by definition has the interests of business at the top of its priority list, the same businesses that screw consumers over.

The CPA is merely a twig (not even a stick) with which consumers can threaten unscrupulous businesses that don't know that the DTI refuses to uphold the CPA and has castrated the NCC.

cAfstA

"The NCC".......

What a joke this is. We as consumers have no right. This institution is supposed to be there to aid us when we have been wronged by these business but Noooooooo.... We once again have to purchase our own KY Jelly, bend over and take it up the buthole....

My service provider did me wrong according to me. I telephonically and via email contacted various organisations, each one sending me to the next with my complaint. Started at CPA who then referred me to thedpi who then referred me to the NCC who then referred me to thedpi who then referred me to the NCC. So besides for liaising with these institutions and being referred, I have to date not had any response or help from the NCC. Mailed them with my complaint on two occasions but as you can guess, yep no response. I could only get a response telling me to go to a different institution every time...

If any of you find an institution that actually aids the consumer, please let me know.

Well that's my rant for the day

Well i had almost a similar issue while they still had blackberry bis. Y'all know BIS was free right. And yet they sent me a R2000 rand for browsing and downloading using BIS. What B/S is that?

I normally use Resolver SA (www.resolversa.co.za) when I complain about any company. The cool thing about this is that your case gets escalated directly to the CEO of the company you complain about if the normal complaint channels don't work. If they still don't respond it escalates to the relevant ombud.

Have used them in the past and it works!