Need alternatives for HDMI cable problem

Chrispie`

I need to run a 15M HDMI cable through a wall that has a PVC pipe. But the pipe is not big enough for the standard HDMI connector to fit through.

So I have a couple of options

1. HDMI over eithernet - (This is just to expensive +- R3.5 k for the sender and receiver)

2. Run an HDMI to Mini HDMI cable... I can run the Mini HDMI through the PVC pipe. But the longest length i have seen is 10M. So I could connect a 5M standard HDMI cable to it. - Does anyone know where I can buy such adapters aka a female to female / mini HDMI to HDMI adapter

3. Get HDMI wire, fish it through and get someone to come to my home and attach the HDMI connectors to the wire
- Does anyone know of a company that provide such a service. HDCabling was my first try but they do not have stock at the moment.

Any other ideas of what I can try will be appreciated.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
HDMI over ethernet is not expensive at all.. R500 - R900 these days.

nahoR

Or you can also use a HDMI to HDSDI converter and transmit your video over standard coax

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
You wouldn't be able to use a normal HDMI - (mini) HDMI cable anyway.

15 metres is pretty much the limit an unrepeated HDMI signal would be able to reach

edit: ok google seems to state it might be able to reach more under the 1.4 spec

Last edited: