Need uncapped month-to-month

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Moving to new home (Rietondale, Pretoria) and need connectivity suggestions please. Kids (4,12) have voracious appetite for bandwidth and need something uncapped along the lines of my previous 10MB ADSL or better. Do not want to be tied down to contract for when fiber comes along.

Suggestions appreciated.

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
Thank you! Hope we can assist, our sales team is standing by.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Ooh man the speed vs. price compared to Fiber is quite laughable. So much so that I think I might just wait until fiber eventually rolls out just as a matter of principal!

Level7

Level-7 Representative
Company Rep
You can always convert over to fibre with us when its ready. We are on all the major networks - Openserve, Frogfoot, SADV, Vumatel, Metrofibre

PAYBACK

Expert Member
You can always convert over to fibre with us when its ready. We are on all the major networks - Openserve, Frogfoot, SADV, Vumatel, Metrofibre
What is the fiber roll out plan for Rietondale area.

SpliceGold

Just stay very very far away from Tech Global and all the others offering uncapped LTE if you consider LTE. There are too many to mention involved in this data scam. Do your research and ask questions!

HartsockZA

Look Fiber is great and all, just don't think for a sec it's cheaper cause honestly, it isn't. If you want to shift ISP's expect to pay R500 for transfer fees including your new ISP's uncapped offerings. And not all ISP's offer a great fiber package only two companies I have been with that offered full 20/10 speeds any time were Cell C (Which I recommending stay far away) and Iconnect (Sadly they sold to Cell C) Currently with Level 7, not the greatest in all fairness, I have had some days of downtime through Openserve with the two other companies I never had a single outage (Far fetched I know)

fiber is great it's just terribly expensive if you plan to move around for cheaper deals at the same speed. Luckily Frogfoot is deploying their infrastructure in my area, and since my cousin owns 3 WISP's in Cape Town we plan to have some fun with Level 7 ;)

Though Wireless can be difficult, it sure beats having to worry for Line breaks, theft (Yes they do still try their best with fiber, Idiots I know) and the occasional node down syndrome.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Look Fiber is great and all, just don't think for a sec it's cheaper cause honestly, it isn't. If you want to shift ISP's expect to pay R500 for transfer fees including your new ISP's uncapped offerings. And not all ISP's offer a great fiber package only two companies I have been with that offered full 20/10 speeds any time were Cell C (Which I recommending stay far away) and Iconnect (Sadly they sold to Cell C) Currently with Level 7, not the greatest in all fairness, I have had some days of downtime through Openserve with the two other companies I never had a single outage (Far fetched I know)

fiber is great it's just terribly expensive if you plan to move around for cheaper deals at the same speed. Luckily Frogfoot is deploying their infrastructure in my area, and since my cousin owns 3 WISP's in Cape Town we plan to have some fun with Level 7 ;)

Though Wireless can be difficult, it sure beats having to worry for Line breaks, theft (Yes they do still try their best with fiber, Idiots I know) and the occasional node down syndrome.
Thanks for input Hartsock. Coming off ADSL and the downtime I've had related to weather, theft and poor infrastructure I'm hoping anything will be better. Not to mention the lousy speed vs. what I pay for 10 meg line.

HartsockZA

Thanks for input Hartsock. Coming off ADSL and the downtime I've had related to weather, theft and poor infrastructure I'm hoping anything will be better. Not to mention the lousy speed vs. what I pay for 10 meg line.
Yea ADSL for me I was one of those houses that fell right on the border so max I would get was 4Mb even that was pushing it. Feel your pain and yea Fiber is the way to go or even wireless if there's someone decent at least