Neotel network speed degradation update

Oh did I forget to mention.. its been like this for the past 3 months, and Neotel... you are really running out of excuses... stop populating your network, and start building towers! .. or just something.. like use your TV ad money for towers, and stop advertising... you are not achieving...
 
Hi,

I just want to say Thanks, over the last couple of weeks things have just gotten better for me,

currently my ping is down to 125ms, download speed 1.6mb,

The only thing is I get disconnects from time to time, but overall very happy

http://www.speedtest.net/result/449116761.png

acdt
 
The disconnects issue highlighted by certain customers is being investigated.

I have set up test scenarios in the lab and we have a team working on it - isolating the exact fault is unfortunately taking longer than expected.
 
Sigh. Con dying again. On Wednesday it was great. Speeds of perma 210KB/s. Yesterday it started to slow to 80KB/s. Now my max is 48KB/s, even last night at midnight.

RSSI 56 (so its not the signal strength that's slowing me)
P/N 320 (Olivedale, Sandton, Johannesburg)
 
Ok. This is now a wtf moment. Speeds are back up to 154.7KB/s. Hopefully later it will go up to 210KB/s again.

Thanks neorep if you had anything to do with it :D
 
what happen?

Vorna Valley
13-4-2009
Download Speed: 41 kbps (5.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 32 kbps (4 KB/sec transfer rate

Finished upgraded? Are you sure? Even Worse than before? This is the purpose of upgrade?
 
I'm not really having problems with Neotel that much anymore, speeds are generally ±100 and up, at night, say early hours of the morning, the speeds seem to hit close to 200 but its still up and down.

It's nice it's nice - I like I like!
 
Still sucks like hell in sunninghill.
currently on 4-10kB since the week-end.
Cancellation notice will go in at month-end.
 
Connection completely dead this morning in Midrand. Connects, but no data coming through. @neotel - Will you please post an update on the current situation?
 
The Reeds - Centurion area - still have to reboot the router 5 - 8 times a day.
Connection lost "altough connected light stays on" cannot access www.google.co.za switch of and on and the connection works again - for a while.

Any one else in The Reeds with similar problem?

Is this the same as the other guys's problems?

:confused:
 
ok i am about to leave neotel for good, mabey the neotel rep can assist me and i can stay cause my device might actually work?

1. My speed on neoflex is about 150kps and download around 5-15kb/s . This is neoflex in excellent coverage?
2. I have to restart my device at least 3 times during the day because i have the same problem as the guy above.
3. I cant send any email from my home because it says the SMTP IP is Blocked?

Really i was impressed with the service in the beginning, i was even geting pings of 50-70 in counter strike and no lag on dota at all. Now i battle to just get on google.

Please send me a pm neotel rep and can you help me sort this out? Your helpdesk told me if they don't contact me in 48 hour then i must phone them back and then it just goes round and round.

Really i am disapointed in the service that i am receiving.
 
Sigh... Speeds down to 15kB/s again. WTF is up with this? I was beginning to really enjoy it and then BAM. Dead. :'(
 
The Reeds - Centurion area - still have to reboot the router 5 - 8 times a day.
Connection lost "altough connected light stays on" cannot access www.google.co.za switch of and on and the connection works again - for a while.

Any one else in The Reeds with similar problem?

Is this the same as the other guys's problems?

:confused:

I'm also in the Reeds and Yes, i'm also getting the same disconnections..just way more than you..lol Like 15 to 30 times a day!!

@Neotel, you should seriously start bringing these matters to your directors attention! Your customers are dropping like flies..and if this continues i'll be next to cancel! Do you guys really not give a dam about your clients?
 
Hi Guys, Me again :mad:

Same problem rebooted it 3 times last night, and was down again this morning. Router is connected and all only problem no data going through, cant even ping www.google.co.za

Rebooted the router but no luck, it's still dead!!!

Crap - i wish I did not disconnect my ADSL line, it was slower at least it was connected 24/7

Neotel guy - if i discontinue the service because of this, can I return the router and get refunded?
 
Anyone think we should maybe contact Carte Blanche or get the press involved in this? Maybe they can put some pressure on Neotel, the help desk as you all know is useless!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X