NeoTel - Prepaid

DXL

Expert Member
Please read carefully before you post any smart ass criticism !

Neotel , would you be kind enough to open up your network to all South Africans via a prepaid mobile sim with a fixed number and have prepaid on it like in India. So we the ordinary South Africans can purchase CDMA mobile phones insert the sim buy a voucher Top -UP and we surfing the NET and make Voice calls. Your locally launched phone is outdated and out of reach to most of us. Lets see the Neotel Simcards with a Geographic Landline number attached to it. And prepaid Vouchers easily available at Pick n pay or Shoprite outlets. While most of us will have your CDMA coverage within year or so we wont be able to go out and afford your outdated handset. CDMA mobile handsets are similar to our mobile phones we use just that it uses the CDMA network and operates on the 800mhz Frequency. CDMA handsets are very affordable and I am personally looking into the option of importing the refurbished handsets if your network is open to the ordinary South African to make the internet more affordable and grant access to all. 85% of South Africans use prepaid.

What is Neotel waiting 4

Regards

DXL Team

http://www.tataindicom.com

Please check out the prices whilst you there ! Data & Handset

Access 4 All at an affordable Price !

Last edited:

medicnick83

Paramedic
Someone said it best not so long ago.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
I'm sure they will do something like this at some point.
Start out small, work from there and then you know... <insert Neotel future growth here>

RichardG

Honorary Master
According to Neotel, the simcard is build into the device, but as far as I know I doubt Neotel, would have a pre-paid option......

As they need people to be obligated to their Service, to have funds coming in :)

DXL

Expert Member
Prepaid PAYS for Network Rollout

When Globacom entered the Nigerian mobile phone market 3 years after Econet , MTN and MTEL. Its directors knew that they had to make every Base station a money earner. So they went for PREPAID mobile voice and SMS first.

Well the rest is HISTORY ...........................

Neotel stop rolling out base stations if we have to take out contracts and purchase your phone.

Prepaid Voice, data and SMS will bring in money faster than you guys can count. We dont mind if the SIM carries a fixed line number attached to it. Its the service and affordability South Africans want.

At 8c a megabyte i forsee the NEOTEL network rake in Billions for new towers to go up every day.

DXL - Mobile

Some day all South Africans will have 256kbs Constant @ 5c a megabyte.

Last edited:

pkid

Expert Member
When Globacom entered the Nigerian mobile phone market 3 years after Econet , MTN and MTEL. Its directors knew that they had to make every Base station a money earner. So they went for PREPAID mobile voice and SMS first.

Well the rest is HISTORY ...........................

Neotel stop rolling out base stations if we have to take out contracts and purchase your phone.

Prepaid Voice, data and SMS will bring in money faster than you guys can count. We dont mind if the SIM carries a fixed line number attached to it. Its the service and affordability South Africans want.

At 8c a megabyte i forsee the NEOTEL network rake in Billions for new towers to go up every day.

DXL - Mobile

Some day all South Africans will have 256kbs Constant @ 5c a megabyte.

I would go for that. Some cheap prepaid data bundles on their network would be awesome. At the very least they should let us buy our own devices!!

kaspaas

Expert Member
I would go for that. Some cheap prepaid data bundles on their network would be awesome. At the very least they should let us buy our own devices!!

Agreed. A prePaid option would be excellent.

Especially if there are affordable terminals (Voice + PPPoE data units)

But then, Neotel seems to have missed the window of opportunity.

Decent voice only handsets on prepaid could have flooded the existing coverage areas and could have made Neotel a well recognised Brand in no time at all with towers generating piles of cash.

Neotel is mobile enough for 90% of all people, but much more affordable than the cellular guys. And they could be much more affordable then Telkom as well.

Last edited:

UnDeR±tAkEr

Agreed. A prePaid option would be excellent.

Especially if there are affordable terminals (Voice + PPPoE data units)

But then, Neotel seems to have missed the window of opportunity.

Decent voice only handsets on prepaid could have flooded the existing coverage areas and could have made Neotel a well recognised Brand in no time at all with towers generating piles of cash.

Neotel is mobile enough for 90% of all people, but much more affordable than the cellular guys. And they could be much more affordable then Telkom as well.

I tend to agree the above whole-heartedly. Why Neotel has decided not to come out with prepaid bundles immediately is beyond anything my humble brain can fully comprehend.

It would create a nice opportunity for some of us to 'test' their network before committing to a ridiculous contract. A lot of us have learnt (some of us painfully) from contracts with the cell operators, that it's simply best to stay well clear of anything tying you down for two years.:sick:

I for one would definitely get a prepaid system from Neotel should it become available, obviously depending on R/MB. At the moment I am quite happy with my 2GB HSDPA bundle which I buy on a monthly basis. No contracts, no nasty surprises at the end of the month. And most of all if I can't afford it for the month I simply don't buy one!!

Come on Neotel. With the supposed billions you invested thus far surely you can put together a very profitable prepaid system for yourself in no time at all (I'm pretty sure you can easily better Vodacom's record of 2 years). Somehow I believe we can all be winners in the end...:cool:

dghough91

That is crazy!

That's right though. CDMA doesn't use sim cards, the phone is permanently programmed to a certain number/ network.

I don't see why they would be rolling out a CDMA network though.. it's a bit 1990's.

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
According to Neotel, the simcard is build into the device, but as far as I know I doubt Neotel, would have a pre-paid option......

As they need people to be obligated to their Service, to have funds coming in :)

So we wait another year:(

ford67

Bwahaha! Ongoing problem since 2003, and now nearly 2016.
STILL no option to buy Neotel pre-paid vouchers online, through online banking, or any cell-phone app.
WiFi Broadband is also not an option as the proposed bandwidth is, in reality, at landline speed. Complain and they 'escalate' the complaint - no one knows where it's escalated to, as you never hear from them again.
AAARGH!