Network Capacity in Kleinmond

williamveeden

Hi,

What procedure does one need to follow to request Vodacom to install more network towers/capacity in an area?

I live in Kleinmond and work from home and have constant slow throughput on Vodacom(3 and 4G). Both of these can range from less than 1 Mbps to 10 Mbps for downloading in a day.

Really frustrated with Vodacom.

Thanks.

Crumbl0x

Hi,

What procedure does one need to follow to request Vodacom to install more network towers/capacity in an area?

I live in Kleinmond and work from home and have constant slow throughput on Vodacom(3 and 4G). Both of these can range from less than 1 Mbps to 10 Mbps for downloading in a day.

Really frustrated with Vodacom.

Thanks.
Woah, no MTN Fixed LTE, Fibre etc., my condolences :(

I don't think that'd be a reasonable request for a single person, maybe with their business-grade stuff but that's extremely expensive

airborne

Honorary Master
What's fibre like in the area, because the bottleneck could be on the supply side not the tower.

Ivanr

Expert Member
@williamveeden - The most effective method to resolve/request/suggestion any matter with Vodacom and have an reasonable acceptable answer is, namely
  1. Compose a properly constructed Email message to Customercare@vodacom.co.za clearly stating your request/problem/suggestion.
  2. The Vodacom response should now contain a Service Reference number.
  3. Allow for 7 Business days to receive an response and resolution.
  4. In the event of non-response or you are dissatisfied with their response, compose another Email using your Service Reference and Subject to Ceo@vodacom.co.za - your Service Ref is important here.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Traffic department side has mtn fixed lte and most town has mtn lte, which fixed lte works on also.

You would basically need sign up on an address that has fixed lte coverage then ask them to move it.

Otherwise cellc has pretty good prepaid deals which will soon be roaming on mtn

netstrider

Expert Member
Are there absolutely no alternatives, or are you tied to Vodacom due to contract (or other reasons)?

williamveeden

Thanks for the feedback guys.

So my situation is that we don't have fiber in the avenues(maybe there is in the main road).
We are dependent on either wireless ISP's and mobile internet. I've been working from Kleinmond for the last year during lockdown.
I have an uncapped 5mbps download and 2mbps upload from a local wireless ISP which works great and runs at a constant 5mbps down(it's not up to). When there's loadshedding I'm dependent on Vodacom. With them I have 2 contracts supplied by employer - 1 normal and 1 for data. I use Vodacom during loadshedding or when I need to download/upload bigger files, such as MS Access and Excel Files, and Vodacom can range anything from 1mbps to 10mbps on 4G.

About two weeks ago my power was off as I went onto solar. Vodacom was down for 2 days while company was busy installing solar. There's only one tower in my area and I live kind of closer to the harbour and had no reception. Really gets frustrating to know that the slow speeds(congestion) is due to there only being 1 tower servicing area.

I've mailed Vodacom and will follow up.

Thanks.

airborne

Honorary Master
Have you tried MTN 4G?

Also make sure you have a router above Cat6 with carrier aggregation, it makes a healthy difference in speed and stability.

Also get an external antenna.