Network sharing turns off

PurpleSnow

hi there guys

I have a problem on my network with only one pc that does not keep its network sharing settings.
the work profile only disables the network discovery option.
but the public one disables almost everything

this happens randomly and i cant access the pc all other pcs can access each other and i can access all from the main one with the issue just cant access it from the others.

all machines are running windows 7 pro 64 on a gigabit switch and d-link adsl modem dhcp

Main PC (issue)
HTPC
Laptop
Sons PC

OCP

Expert Member
My first suggestion in would be update the network adapters.
If that makes no difference then perform a clean boot and see if any third party application is interfering with the performance on Windows 7.
To perform a clean boot on a computer that is running Windows 7, follow these steps.

1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.
If your issue is resolved, follow the How to Determine What is Causing the Problem section in the KB article to narrow down the exact source.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

LaraC

Honorary Master
Are you using more than one network connection eg. VPN, WiFI, LAN to connect to your network?

If you do be sure to set them all to home or work network.