New DStv Explora features announced

The only "innovation" I want to see from them is halving their prices or implement a "pay by the hour" billing process.

Downloading content to the device via dish or broadband?

Because the processor and memory in the Explora are the only MC device to allow these extra functions

The only "innovation" I want to see from them is halving their prices or implement a "pay by the hour" billing process.

Or better yet, pay per channel ie: design your own bouquet.

The Explora is a fantastic device, just a pity it wouldn't work properly in my security complex. Had to return it and put my HD PVR2 back. :crying:

DSTV is doing a lot to add more value for their customers and I do applaud them for it.

My big screen TV would be boring without it. :D

So glad I upgraded my setup. I must say that I am a fan of DSTV. I used to be a torrent hound and in the early years downloaded everything.

Over the last 2 years my downloads have all but stopped, as DSTV has reduced the delay between US and RSA airing dates I not wait for it locally. Much better and easier.

Now to hope for streaming as an add on or something as I really dont fancy having to setup Netflix the bootleg way.

Over the last 2 years my downloads have all but stopped, as DSTV has reduced the delay between US and RSA airing dates I not wait for it locally. Much better and easier.

Yup, I prefer DSTV's consistency.

All my episodes/movies are in HD and Dolby Digital sound, exactly how I like it.

With torrent downloads you never know what you'll get.

Yup, I prefer DSTV's consistency.

All my episodes/movies are in HD and Dolby Digital sound, exactly how I like it.

With torrent downloads you never know what you'll get.

I'm with you on this, but not at that price.

I'm with you on this, but not at that price.

I agree it's not cheap, but neither is my car repayments.

There's no competition for Multichoice in South Africa & Africa, so they can determine the pricing.

And if you don't like it, there's always the sabc. :sick:

I am also in the same boat with you guys. For years the wife hounds me every frikking week to download this, download that, drove me up the wall. And now, besides revenge, its all there! So thank you DSTV, you saved our marriage :D

Back