New DStv Explora Ultra launched

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
New DStv Explora Ultra launched

MultiChoice has officially launched its new Explora Ultra, which includes built-in access to Netflix.

The new Explora Ultra will be available at selected retail stores from next week.

system32

Expert Member
The DStv Explora Ultra has a recommended retail price of R2,499 for the standalone device and R3,699 including installation.
Is that the "Black Friday" special discount, extra low, never to be repeated, once in a lifetime, buy now yours for only R2,499 price?

Seems expensive.

Louis72

Expert Member
The hell? the cost of this devices is similar to the Apple TV 4K? :oops:

I am almost certain that the Apple TV has a way better CPU, stable software and better support compared to this Explora.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
The hell? the cost of this devices is similar to the Apple TV 4K? :oops:

I am almost certain that the Apple TV has a way better CPU, stable software and better support compared to this Explora.

It would also support all the decent streaming services and not just Showmax and Netflix...

The_Hobbit

Honorary Master
So all MC did with their "partnership" was allow you to use one box for both?
Will netflix work on the explora if you don't have a Multichoice sub?

No discount on the netflix sub?
Then no thanks, there are dedicated netflix boxes that offer more than a multichoice decoder.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
So all MC did with their "partnership" was allow you to use one box for both?
Will netflix work on the explora if you don't have a Multichoice sub?

No discount on the netflix sub?
Then no thanks, there are dedicated netflix boxes that offer more than a multichoice decoder.

And cheaper ... , the boxes that is

Digitaluser

Looks a great piece of kit but happy with all my streaming services (50 meg line) on Xiaomi s box - just waiting for the streaming-only service from Dstv to be launched - then I will be be in geek heaven :cool:

Mawirepower

Something tells me this thing will not even support DSTV Now (Or whatever they call it now)!