New home - Pool Safety

on a side note ensure you have fully approved home plans, we discovered our lapa, carport and one extension wasnt took 5 months and 32k to correct that

also I have heard horror stories rather get it done properly than save a few k and lose a life

Just get a company to do a PVC pool safety cover.. not only will it keep the little one out the pool, it's also going to save you time and money on maintaining the pool..

The cover company is one I know of operating in cape town..

Just get a company to do a PVC pool safety cover.. not only will it keep the little one out the pool, it's also going to save you time and money on maintaining the pool..

The cover company is one I know of operating in cape town..

This, our current house had a net but we opted for a full PVC cover with aluminium support poles, it provides the best in terms of safety, keeps debris out of the pool and minimises water loss due to evaporation.

There's only one way,
main-qimg-ba311e923ca7a5e847decede56c7379f.webp

This, our current house had a net but we opted for a full PVC cover with aluminium support poles, it provides the best in terms of safety, keeps debris out of the pool and minimises water loss due to evaporation.
I am keen on the PVC cover but how does this help in summer when the pool is open for swimming all day.

I feel that there needs to be a fence with a spring gate.

I am keen on the PVC cover but how does this help in summer when the pool is open for swimming all day.

so you need to either get an automated pool cover or do it manually

i have a pool fence and any DIY fence guy will make one for you

but rather go with the pool cover ...it gives you little extra flow instead of having a fence

and also if you intend on keeping the pool open do you have access to a borehole maybe cause in summer the sun vriets the water

and also if you intend on keeping the pool open do you have access to a borehole maybe cause in summer the sun vriets the water

When I bought my place, I was told the same thing. I ignored it because how bad can it be?

Ja.. it’s bad. Just get a cover over the pool.

I would have gotten one by now but recently sold the gaff.

The house comes with a pool cover - Not one of those PVC ones, it's one of those that floats on the water.

Clearly you are a first time pool owner :) Congrats!
The novelty will wear off quickly and you will realize soon that you only swam on the few extra hot days or when you have friends over.
Just get a cover and save yourself the maintenance.

I have three kids(one 8 year old boy and 4 year old twin girls) I have a pool. It's a 10*5 meter pool.
I have a pool cover with aluminium support rods, but it needs two people to put the cover back.
I leave the pool cover open in summer.
I simply have to shut off access to the pool in my case there is only two possible entries, one from the front which is locked, one from the right side which has a glass sliding door. I put a night latch on the glass door.
Boy learned to swim when he was 6. My little twins ones are scared of the water and they don't go near the pool.
But I still have a rule that they cannot go near the pool if no grownup is present.

Clearly you are a first time pool owner :) Congrats!
The novelty will wear off quickly and you will realize soon that you only swam on the few extra hot days or when you have friends over.
Just get a cover and save yourself the maintenance.

my kids used the pool from end october till end february this year

march started with school in full swing and other committments we hardly swam

but the summer months was good

but yeah with a pool cover its for safety and it helps with the water loss, keeping chemicals to a minimum and also keeping heat trapped inside and also keeping it clean

I have three kids(one 8 year old boy and 4 year old twin girls) I have a pool. It's a 10*5 meter pool.
I have a pool cover with aluminium support rods, but it needs two people to put the cover back.
I leave the pool cover open in summer.
I simply have to shut off access to the pool in my case there is only two possible entries, one from the front which is locked, one from the right side which has a glass sliding door. I put a night latch on the glass door.
Boy learned to swim when he was 6. My little twins ones are scared of the water and they don't go near the pool.
But I still have a rule that they cannot go near the pool if no grownup is present.

my little one is now 6

he hated water ..but gave him few lessons and the summer we had now he was in the pool almost every day for long hours

helped that i did solar heating and he loves warm water

my eldest who is 8 can stay in the pool all day ...cold or warm water

Back