New Iburst Acc Type

Shayd

Expert Member
This is aimed at the Iburst Rep. Would it not be possible to create an "Iburst Advanced" that has a 128k out of cap speed restriction for like another R150 or so. I use Iburst specifically because I dont have to worry about a cap but the dual wan setup is a nightmare. Any feedback would be appreciated. Would any of you other guys sign up for this???

Last edited:

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
so essentially run @128k rather than 64k when Cap is up? for an extra R150. That means
5gig @599 + R150 = R749. But u can get Axxess Express Uncapped 384k for R899.... Go figure. I think iBurst needs to review their prices. Guys are downloading in Excess of 500gig on Axxess Express. Thats 100X what I get for a couple hundred bucks extra.

Plus what about Seacom ??? Arent iBurst (aka Vodacom) going to buy into it? pass over the bandwidth please!!! For my R599 p/m I want at least 50gig.

Shayd

Expert Member
Dont forget ADSl has loads of other costs

I dont pay line rental or the Adsl line cost either... that adds up to about R250 on top of the 899. Not an apples with apples comparison

Napalm

Expert Member
I would think there is a very good market for a "Addon service" to upgrade the "upto 64K" to "upto 128K"

R150 sounds fair

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I dont pay line rental or the Adsl line cost either... that adds up to about R250 on top of the 899. Not an apples with apples comparison
Fine: Take R499 + R150 = 749 You might get 20-30max gig a month.
Axxess Express+ (Fibre not Sat) R999 +Telkom Line R150 + 384k (R245) so adds up to roughly R1400. But like I said they are getting over 500gig, hell the top users are almost at 700 gig and its only the 13th of the month.

Surely the wireless infrastructure of iBurst is a fraction of the cost of maintaining as compared to Telkoms Fibre/copper lines ?!? Thats why I dont get their prices!!!

omg!

I was so not aware of this.. :eek: the axxess uncapped plans I mean. ta for bringing it up IRG ;p

and oms! you get the full line's speed after 8 and weekends!

!! Omg omg omg.. guess whos cancelling two iburst accounts..

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I was so not aware of this.. :eek: the axxess uncapped plans I mean. ta for bringing it up IRG ;p

and oms! you get the full line's speed after 8 and weekends!

!! Omg omg omg.. guess whos cancelling two iburst accounts..
See my point !!! and if you have a 512 or even 4mb line and subscribe to their 384 Express, they open it up to your full line speed between 8pm and 8am weekdays, plus weekends!

Come on iBurst ... stop screwing us - much bigger caps pls ... like 10 X the current. Especially when you get cheap "Seacom" bandwidth. Just look, u lost two accounts just with this posting, time to wake up.

Last edited:

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Maybe offer a 384 variant of uncapped for iBurst.

Cap the speed to 384 (permanently) - maybe even run slower speeds 8am-8pm weekdays like axxess if you use more than a specified amount of bandwidth over a 10 day roll over period then 384 rest of the time, uncap the bandwith limit or at least 50gig. Then charge R1000 - R1200 for the service.

Hell I might even pay for that !!! (if you allow me more than 2 concurrent connections)

Last edited:

Trixanno

I think R150 for the extra line speed sounds good.

I also think that iBurst needs to start looking at their product offering. I honestly think that if more ppl realise what the axxess deal is, iBurst will loose a number of customers that can switch over. For the rest of the ppl that can't move off of iBurst due to infrastructure constraints...well, they are stuck with iBurst until such time other companies extend their coverage, and because they felt like they were getting screwed over by iBurst, will leave as soon as the other options become available.

limnos

Expert Member
iBurst has lost me as a customer! :)

I was with them since Dec 2004! And ALL i got in the those years was a measly 2GB increase on my R599 account! Wow! How's that for a deal!?!?!

Cannot believe they are still shaping their service! At least allow an after 8pm unshaped option!

Paying R499 for 5GB of fibre, unshaped ADSL and will move over to Uncapped Express fibre for R999 in July.

Seacom will drop prices once they are up and running!

Shayd

Expert Member
consider this

My interest isn't in downloading 100+gb per month. While I would like that I primarily would like the ability to play non-fps games as well as surf the net reasonably quickly. Unfortunately this isn't practical on 64k this may have been enough years ago but now sites include way more bandwidth intensive content. Plus consider that the minimum "uncapped" account is only 240pm add 150 to that and you have a reasonable unrestricted account for 390. This isn't peanuts but is a damn site better than 1200. I would never spend that kind of money on Iburst, If I had that kind of budget I would get uncapped ADSL. This ISN'T an attack on the adsl guys but I just cant afford 1200.

Azimuth-1

What the hell are you people downloading that you want 50GB caps? I can barely use up 5 GB a month, and that includes online gaming of 2-3 hours most days.

Also, anyone else find it hilarious that you're offering R150 extra a month for dialup speeds from 1998?

dgcarter

What the hell are you people downloading that you want 50GB caps? I can barely use up 5 GB a month, and that includes online gaming of 2-3 hours most days.

Also, anyone else find it hilarious that you're offering R150 extra a month for dialup speeds from 1998?
Facebook much? :D
If I'm not mistaken there was an article on MyBB not too long ago about just how much bandwidth our everyday sites consume.:cool:

I use iBurst because I have no other choice... I can't get adsl because the local crooks have a copper fettish and HSDPA... well, lets not even go there.:p

I'm not into downloading gigs upon gigs of whatever, I'd just like to be able to browse at a reasonable speed. Because after all my PC's have finished updating my worthless 1gig cap is sut ofter 7 days! The rest of the month I'm on an "always-on dial up."

A little extra speed once capped would be awesome! Because 64Kbps is just ridiculous in every sense, its just not practical anymore. :sick:

I wont comment on cost tho, because I'm 18 still in school and my pittyful 1 gig per month is all I can afford :(

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
Piracy. Classy. :/
don't be a d!ck Azimuth. Some of us IT enthusiasts like to try new software (and there are always trial versions). This is how we keep on top of new developments and make informed decisions on what software and or games we would be prepared to purchase. Take for example Windows 7, if we want to trial it and not just one version, both X86 & X64, thats already 0ver 5 gigs. Then multiply that by the number of beta builds + RC versions.... get the picture.