New MTN Fixed LTE SIM's from Axxess

eagle2k

Competition is heating up slowly, service is going to the dogs faster ...
The underdogs

Jk

Black Friday offerings are going to be INSANE

I suggest waiting cause everyone's going to want of piece of client base. And what better way of signing those up on Black Friday.

Already got a rumour of Webafrica/Telkom LTE going to offer an epic deal

And MTN never dissapoints.

Vodacom also realized they need to wake up

So in my opinion it's going to be the best Black Friday for Data deals ever.

Christo4

Why do I have to pay R999 when it says modem, etc is free?
This is on the R249 package

Mobus

I got my replacement mtn sim and router yesterday.

I first wanted to do a signal test using my cat6 phone (if signal was bad I could send the router back still intact). Got connected quickly and my phone clocked 40+ mbps on fast.net. Then ~15min later I got shunned from the data network ??? Placed the sim in the b525 router. Seems to connect only to gsm network but no data throughput.

Maybe Im on the boundry of two towers? The sim came with a warning that it will lock to the first tower you connect to.

Anyone else with such problems?

Christo4

Did you ask for B525?
The B618 seems a better one to me. Any feedback re the router?

Mobus

Got. Y free b525 plus sim on Friday and still not able to connect
Mine worked almost instantly. I followed the instructions to the t. Except when later it stopped working again because i got my sim locked to an unsupported device. After some hassling got axxess to unlock the sim again and now its working in the b525.

1. Did you put the sim anywhere except in the b525?
2. Did you use the sim on only one tower?
3. Did you check the axxess dashboard? Have your mtn sim been provisioned with your initial data? (I got 5gb free on mtn while my old cellc sim runs out this month)
4. Obviously you did set the apn as per instructions?

slumdawg

Mine worked almost instantly. I followed the instructions to the t. Except when later it stopped working again because i got my sim locked to an unsupported device. After some hassling got axxess to unlock the sim again and now its working in the b525.

1. Did you put the sim anywhere except in the b525?
2. Did you use the sim on only one tower?
3. Did you check the axxess dashboard? Have your mtn sim been provisioned with your initial data? (I got 5gb free on mtn while my old cellc sim runs out this month)
4. Obviously you did set the apn as per instructions?
did everything I was supposed to do, when I phoned I was told to wait 24hrs, another operator told me it will be activated once the cell c deal comes to an end, another said I'm. Not covered. So yes I did everything.

Bl@nk

If i'm not in a mtn fixed lte area but i get lte on a normal sim card, surely i can still use a mtn fixed lte and it will work?