New MyBroadband Design

Noob question, but is this one of the symptoms of a DDOS attack?

I guess the servers try hault traffic to limit overload?

could be the symptom of a number of things, all we know access to the main site is down and we are redirected to a backup of sorts, or more like an interactive technical difficulties notice.


but yes, unable to get to a website is a symptom of a ddoss
 
Don't know why this is so hard to fix with the top bar showing correctly.

mybb_design.jpg
 
I see they've also made it harder now to recognise "partner content".
 
No, that is different *. The hook/teasers/summaries ( for want of the technical term ) found in the previous layout is gone, leaving only bland titles. Lesser enticement to the sites original content in its current form.

For me the new layout works brilliantly because so far I have spent a fraction of my time skimming just the titles and not clicking the articles.

I missed some important information recently https://mybroadband.co.za/news/wireless/191076-lte-a-coming-to-iburst-customers.html where all I saw was the headline "LTE-A coming to iBurst customers" and as I was aware that LTE-A was coming I did not click the link and find out that they we decommissioning the old network.

The older layout would have the hook below in the smaller font "Iburst Wireless to close in early 2017". The bland title in the new layout did not entice me and mybb missed out on my click. So yeah, the aesthetics are great but I wonder if it is great business.
 
OK, I have discovered a bug on the MyBB mobile site after opening the comment section the scrolling keeps reverting back to original position and this makes it impossible to browse other comments whether up or down.
 
:wtf:

If you can't see the large partner content tag at the bottom, I think the problem may lie with you.

3515yxg.jpg
That's just it, it's only a tag and it's interspersed with the real content. So you have to check the tag to see it after the natural instinct of reading the headline first. Old layout had it clearly marked in sections. New layout has it in sections where it doesn't even have the tag and with the content where it has the tag. Much harder to know where it is.
 
Images are broken for me (on **** wifi) but MyBroadband is on HTTPS now?

Yes, since the new design that is one of the best new features for me at least. The image just shows that when adding attachments to posts, the popup window doesn't load because Chrome detects that some of the scripts still come from http urls. This requires me then to manually tick "Load unsafe scripts" before I can upload attachments.
 
its currently looking weird in Edge on PC

huge white area on load up, you have to scroll down to get to content etc

edit: okay its fine now
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X