New Rechargeable Lightbulb

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Has anyone bought one of these before?
5075061_orig.jpg

The all new LED Q7 Magic Bulb lights up for up to 3 hours in case of load shedding or blackouts!
Replace traditional lamp by directly plugging into original socket.
Charges while being used as a day to day light ( Takes 6 hours to fully charge)
Low consumption ( 85% energy saving)
No remote needed
When the power goes off the light has a battery backup an will work as a normal light for up to 3 hours.
Light can be turned on or off at the wall switch.

7 Watt - 220v E27 and B22 Pure White @ R150.00
I like the idea that it can still work from the wall switch, but am curious how that works.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
I have those.

It has a switch: AC or DC. When set to AC it operates like a normal bulb, when set to DC it uses the internal battery. To charge it you need to set it to DC and switch on the mains and a red LED will indicate its charging.

Purply

Expert Member
I have those.

It has a switch: AC or DC. When set to AC it operates like a normal bulb, when set to DC it uses the internal battery. To charge it you need to set it to DC and switch on the mains and a red LED will indicate its charging.
Sounds like a mission, especially if it's under one of those light housing thingies.

hackerjargon

I bought 3 of these that are similar at Checkers for R70 (Ellies brand). They work with a remote. So no need to take it out all the time to switch it on. Bargain is that the remotes works on any of them, so I can use any of the three remotes to switch them on. I've got one in my kitchen, one in my bedroom and one ouside. Have a remote in my car too, so if I get home and its dark and no power, I just switch it on and have light.
You leave the light switch on and will stay fully charged at all times (unless power goes out, but will charge again when there's power)

I've never tested how many hours they last, but don't care. I at least have light when there's no power

http://www.ellies.co.za/lighting/ellies/FLEDE27

supersunbird

Honorary Master
3 hours is a bit short for a JHB or PE loadshed from what I hear, but enough for PTA laodshed.

I'll still rather use the socket plugged LED emergency lanterns.

hackerjargon

According to the Ellies website, the ones I've got can last 5 to 7 hours on battery, depending on the charging and usage conditions.
Still R70 or so is a lot cheaper than R150!

Going to buy 3 more at Checkers tomorrow.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
What don't you get? If its in AC mode it works exactly like a normal bulb - did you see my post above?
Yeah yeah. I got that.
But according to the website - you can switch it on and off in emergency mode from the wall switch.
When the power goes off the light has a battery backup an will work as a normal light for up to 3 hours. Light can be turned on or off at the wall switch.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
It is a bit confusing. How will it know they difference between light switch being put in off position and loadshedding to know when to stay lighted or not.