New to WOW

Wikkels88

Expert Member
Hey everyone, new to the forums, I've been a blizzard fan since forever, but never really had the time to play WOW, after I've heard that they're bringing out yet another expansion, I thought I'd give WOW a go, what tips would you have for a WOW noob like myself, I started a night elf druid, only level 5 now, is this a good class for beginners, generally ANY tips would be welcome.

Please no hate posts like "WOW sucks" etc.

Thanks

Greg C

Hey everyone, new to the forums, I've been a blizzard fan since forever, but never really had the time to play WOW, after I've heard that they're bringing out yet another expansion, I thought I'd give WOW a go, what tips would you have for a WOW noob like myself, I started a night elf druid, only level 5 now, is this a good class for beginners, generally ANY tips would be welcome.

Please no hate posts like "WOW sucks" etc.

Thanks

Druids are alot of fun.Have alot of choices end game tanking/feral resto or balance.

Because MOP is to be released probably for the christmas season or first quarter next year,take your time to get to know the game.

Do not rush the leveling process,instances etc

Maybe download questhelper from cursegaming.com but enjoy the questing if you dont you will dread the leveling process.

Easier to level as feral in my opinion so use the feral tree.
Would have started a worgen druid but thats just me.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Like Greg said, druids are a lot of fun and perfect for a beginner as you have the option of tanking, healing, melee or ranged DPS.

MoP should be out by September/October though as far as speculation goes. Gamecom is next month and Blizzard will probably announce the release date and cinematic for MoP then :)

As for leveling, be prepared to take verbal abuse as many of the players are kids or adults living in their mother's basement and they have nothing else to do ;)

All an all, it's a fun game, very addictive and being new, there is a hell of a lot for you to do :)

Wikkels88

Expert Member
Druids are alot of fun.Have alot of choices end game tanking/feral resto or balance.

Because MOP is to be released probably for the christmas season or first quarter next year,take your time to get to know the game.

Do not rush the leveling process,instances etc

Maybe download questhelper from cursegaming.com but enjoy the questing if you dont you will dread the leveling process.

Easier to level as feral in my opinion so use the feral tree.
Would have started a worgen druid but thats just me.

Like Greg said, druids are a lot of fun and perfect for a beginner as you have the option of tanking, healing, melee or ranged DPS.

MoP should be out by September/October though as far as speculation goes. Gamecom is next month and Blizzard will probably announce the release date and cinematic for MoP then :)

As for leveling, be prepared to take verbal abuse as many of the players are kids or adults living in their mother's basement and they have nothing else to do ;)

All an all, it's a fun game, very addictive and being new, there is a hell of a lot for you to do :)

Thanks guys, solid advice, just what I was looking for, I'll stick with the druid and take it slow, thanks again!

Wikkels88

Expert Member
Another question, for now I just bought the battlechest, from what I understand WOTLK and Cataclysm just add new content to the end game, and increases the level cap, would I be missing out on anything if I don't get those 2 right away?

Greg C

Another question, for now I just bought the battlechest, from what I understand WOTLK and Cataclysm just add new content to the end game, and increases the level cap, would I be missing out on anything if I don't get those 2 right away?

It depends on what you have already installed onto your machine.

If you bought the battle chest I would with all do respect assume you went through all the cases and installed and put the relevent activations in.

If you have it means that the moment you hit level 60, you can head off into the burning crusade from 60-70 and then wotlk from 70-80 and if you bought cataclysm 80 -85.

In a sense you are missing out on alot if you dont.You dont get the full feel of how the game has evolved,story lines etc.

In my opinion there is no benefit especially since you bought the battlechest,to not installing all the games you received.

If you dont want to thats your perogative, I dont see a point if you have bought the battle chest to not.

Barfish88

Expert Member
Love my droood. He is my healer. My rogue is still my main toon, been playing him since vanilla.

abandonallhope

Expert Member
Another +1 Druids.

I played one for a bit levelled it from 0 - 85 and got almost decent gear on it. Tons of fun, but the thing that I found is that if you really want to crank out huge DPS numbers you need to have a good rotation going with your bleeds and whatnot abilities. That is part of the fun though.

Wikkels88

Expert Member
It depends on what you have already installed onto your machine.

If you bought the battle chest I would with all do respect assume you went through all the cases and installed and put the relevent activations in.

If you have it means that the moment you hit level 60, you can head off into the burning crusade from 60-70 and then wotlk from 70-80 and if you bought cataclysm 80 -85.

In a sense you are missing out on alot if you dont.You dont get the full feel of how the game has evolved,story lines etc.

In my opinion there is no benefit especially since you bought the battlechest,to not installing all the games you received.

If you dont want to thats your perogative, I dont see a point if you have bought the battle chest to not.

The battlechest I got only comes with the original and TBC (Sorry should've mentioned that) so what I'm asking should I bother buying WOTLK now, or should I only bother with the other expansions if I reach the appropriate levels?

Voicy

Honorary Master
Love my durid. He is my healer. My rouge is still my main toon, been playing him since vanilla.

FTFY :p

I also dig my durid tank, but my rouge's been my main since TBC days. I haven't bothered with other classes that much.

Jase

Executive Member
AS Greg C said, take your time. Read all the quests first time round and follow the lore and story line(s). Once you are hooked and get to end game you'll want to level your next toon faster.

Oh and FOR THE HORDE! (although playing ally aint that ba either :p )

Endev8003

The battlechest I got only comes with the original and TBC (Sorry should've mentioned that) so what I'm asking should I bother buying WOTLK now, or should I only bother with the other expansions if I reach the appropriate levels?

There is no need to get the expansions immediately if you don't need any of the content they add. The 1-60 zones already have all the changes from Cataclysm included in the patches, so you don't need to get Cataclysm for that. If you want to play Worgen or Goblins, then you will need it. If not, you can wait until you hit 80.

Same with WotLK. You only need to get it when you hit 68 and want to go to Northrend. You might want to look at getting it at 55. At that level you can create DK's.

zippy

Honorary Master
You may not be able to fly around Azeroth from lvl 60 if you don't have cataclysm because it was introduced with that patch. Can't be sure. That is a big deal if it is the case.

Also you can't access Worgen or Goblin races without cataclysm and you can't roll a death knight without wotlk, which doesnt matter until you get past a certain high level( dunno what it is)

You also can't do the most annoying and boring profession called archaeology without cataclysm.

Kaine

Expert Member
DURIDS IZ AWESOME :D on a more serious note, bear tanking is exceptionally dull. but playing kittay is amaze balls, easy to learn, bloody hard to master!!

bboy

Expert Member
don't forget to hit the BG's through the lower levels, they can be lots of fun