Noctua DH-D14 cooler

snobee

Hi there,
Can one get a Noctua DH-D14 cooler in Cape Town without going online?

RichardG

Honorary Master
Try them - details as mentioned on noctua website

MShop.co.za
26 Old Paarl Road
7530 Bellville, Western Cape
South Africa
Tel.: +27 21 949 6914
Fax: +27 83 266 7465

ACT Link
Unit 6F, Centurion Business Park, Democracy Way
Milnerton, Cape Town
South Africa
Tel.: +27 21 2000 333
Fax: 086 547 0484
www.actlink.co.za

TopCa7

Hm, unlikely, ..check out the Thermalright Archon, it's outperforms it.
Still doesnt help him with the not going online.

Anyways snobee, check out www.wootware.co.za, they are based in Somerset as far as I can recall and they will let you collect. So if they have it they do and you can go pick it up.

TopCa7

Just remembered PostmanPot might be able to help you out, give him a PM and see if he can help you out man.

Fuma

Executive Member
I don't think you will get the item without going online. I know evetech has that cooler for almost all their gaming pcs

Still doesnt help him with the not going online. I just had to say it.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
I'm confused, he came online to ask about getting a cooler without going online... :confused: Does he mean shopping online or searching online?

TopCa7

Probably wants to go into a building and have a look at the thing, least that was my assumption of the matter. :/

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
Well, then wootware will be able to help him, cause afaik, they do stock the Cogage coolers. Which is what I would recommend.

TopCa7

Thats why I recommended Wootware, guys are decent there and would try and make a plan Im sure. And +1 for the Cogage def best bang for buck cooler.....
More then happy with my Spire, best aircooler on the market ^_^

dudewotevr

Expert Member
Thats why I recommended Wootware, guys are decent there and would try and make a plan Im sure. And +1 for the Cogage def best bang for buck cooler.....
More then happy with my Spire, best aircooler on the market ^_^
Nope, 'fraid not, that'd be the Archon..

..Both the Silver Arrow and NH-D14 are better as well..

Last edited:

Gnome

Executive Member
Sybaritic and Cyberdyne systems both sell Nexus D12SL fans if you were looking for silent fans.

Can't think of another reason someone would buy Noctua.

According to SilentPCReview Nexus is still their choice for silent rather than the Noctua, but personally looking at their charts it seems to me like the Noctua would be a bit better, mostly because it uses FDB. Still I have some Nexus fans and they are pretty much the quietest fans I've ever owned and I've tried many, many fans.

Fuma

Executive Member
Sybaritic and Cyberdyne systems both sell Nexus D12SL fans if you were looking for silent fans.

Can't think of another reason someone would buy Noctua.

According to SilentPCReview Nexus is still their choice for silent rather than the Noctua, but personally looking at their charts it seems to me like the Noctua would be a bit better, mostly because it uses FDB. Still I have some Nexus fans and they are pretty much the quietest fans I've ever owned and I've tried many, many fans.
Are the Nexus case fans or CPU coolers?

snobee

Thanks guys for the responses. I am choosing the Noctua as from the reviews I have watched on performance, installation and overall consistency, I decided the Noctua was better. I would have gone with the Silver Arrow, but the last review I watched made quite a joke about how crap and difficult it was to install in a full system. Also, even though it was cooler than the Noctua (by 1 degree), once the test i7 980X system went to 4.5GHz, the Silver Arrow couldn't get rid of the heat fast enough. Now, I am not going to overclock my pc to the speed that took the Silver Arrow over the top, but I went with the recommendation of the reviewer and his overall opinion, which was stick with the Noctua.

Gnome

Executive Member
Are the Nexus case fans or CPU coolers?
Not sure how you make that distinction. Based on RPM? They are low RPM, the are targeted at low noise. Noctua also, at least the low RPM ones are (there are different models). Depending on heat sink you can use any fan really. Usually it's the practice to use a low RPM Noctua or Nexus with something like a Thermalright cooler. Then run them at 7volt, giving you a virtually noiseless PC.

OP is interested in cooling performance however so no point discussing it further. Higher RPM = better cooling performance = more noise (much more). There are plenty of fans better than the Noctua for cooling performance however.

Noctua's target market was more silent cooling as I understood it but guess I was wrong...

dudewotevr

Expert Member
Check their test methods (http://www.frostytech.com/testmethod_mk2.cfm), then cross check their findings with results from sites that use actual modern chips at stock clocks and most importantly overclocked. It is only then that you'll see how how a cooler deals with heat.

Good example, Silver Arrow marginally beats NH-D14 at lower clocks, but at more excessive speeds the NH-D14's increased surface area dissipates the heat more effectively and the situation is reversed.

They've got the CNPS9900MAX at no.7 for frigs sake, and the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme and Noctua
NH-C14 above the NH-D14 :rolleyes:

Learn to cross-check your data.

TopCa7

I did, nearly every single site I look at for reviews had the Noctua coming out top with the Silver Arrow even beating out the Archon.
Very funny when a new heatsink is tested against its predecessors and is beaten so convincingly.

http://www.hardocp.com/images/articles/1289826032n7e8RJYjp4_3_2.png

Anyways, I got my Spire Eclipse II at a darn good price, next is a Prolimatech Megahalem brand new and at R450 damn good bang for buck ^_^

Op has defiantly made the best choice for a cool, just still needs some luck finding a place to buy it thats not online :/

Last edited: