Nokia 8 Sirocco

bxm

So I also took the plunge and updated manually. I haven't played with it that much yet, so far I'm happy. The are lots of little quality of life improvements that comes with Pie and I find most of them handy. The camera app has been updated. The layout changed a bit and they added some gimmicky features such as those mask things that detects your face and make you look like a lion, dog, flower, etc. Installation took around 40min and the first boot took longer than usual. One of my lesser known apps aren't working. For some reason my back, home and multitasking buttons feel less responsive. Almost like i have to press then harder to make them work. I then enabled gesture controls and find them easy enough to use.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Did they fix voice unlock on Pie?

On 8.1.0 it keeps asking for a password/fingerprint. Lots of others also have this issue on 8.1.0 from what I've read online.

VoraciousLion

So I also took the plunge and updated manually. I haven't played with it that much yet, so far I'm happy. The are lots of little quality of life improvements that comes with Pie and I find most of them handy. The camera app has been updated. The layout changed a bit and they added some gimmicky features such as those mask things that detects your face and make you look like a lion, dog, flower, etc. Installation took around 40min and the first boot took longer than usual. One of my lesser known apps aren't working. For some reason my back, home and multitasking buttons feel less responsive. Almost like i have to press then harder to make them work. I then enabled gesture controls and find them easy enough to use.
I found exactly the same experience with the keys, and one app, the camera app has had the face detection lion, panda, flower for awhile though? Since the camera update with Oreo.

bxm

Just some more feedback since I manually updated to Pie. Saying "OK Google" and unlocking your phone while the screen is off is still a bit of a hit and miss affair - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is my third day since updating. On day 1 my phone restarted randomly twice. On day 2, it randomly restarted once. I would be in the middle of doing something on my phone and then it will just restart. All 3 times were different, so I can't say it is a specific app or anything like that. What I can say is that it never did this before, so I think it has got something to do with the update. Last night I did a factory reset and I hope it will be better now.

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Just some more feedback since I manually updated to Pie. Saying "OK Google" and unlocking your phone while the screen is off is still a bit of a hit and miss affair - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This is my third day since updating. On day 1 my phone restarted randomly twice. On day 2, it randomly restarted once. I would be in the middle of doing something on my phone and then it will just restart. All 3 times were different, so I can't say it is a specific app or anything like that. What I can say is that it never did this before, so I think it has got something to do with the update. Last night I did a factory reset and I hope it will be better now.
Thanks for checking the voice unlock, sucks that they haven't fixed it yet.

FWIW I had a random restart last week too (Still on Oreo) so I don't think the issue is related to the Pie update.

VoraciousLion

No restarts my side just yet, I don't use ok google enough to care if it works or not. I really feel like I'm getting battery life comparable to when the phone was new, the adaptive brightness could be the help. I noticed the default launcher is now called quickstep, previously I think it was called launcher3.