Notre Dame on fire

KT-B

Honorary Master
What I'm reading is that the nave (so the artworks) is separated from the fire area (which is a roof supported by wooden beams) by a wooden ceiling.

The cardinal does not seem too worried about the inside.

The firemen said that the priority is to protect the artwork.

Luckily, the 16 copper statues on the roof were taken out last week before the renovations could start.
I am of the opinion that buildings are art too. The loss of that beautiful building is a tragedy. I have never been there - and likely will never. But it is still a loss.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
The spokesperson of the firemen is mostly wary about the fire spreading inside the northern tower - if this tower collapses, then the structure is gone.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
I am of the opinion that buildings are art too. The loss of that beautiful building is a tragedy. I have never been there - and likely will never. But it is still a loss.
So far, the building is not gone, the structure is fine. It's only the roof (which has been changed dozens of times over the centuries)?

buka001

Expert Member
Aaaw shame, now you have to find something new to visit to fill your meaningless existence. Meanwhile, something of real meaning to religious people, yes, those people you love to mock and make bigoted comments about, is lost.

But here is a cookie, your shallow, meaningless virtue signaling is noted. Thank you so much, you can now proceed to mock religion again.
I'm not the one who spews sickening homophobia and bleeds bigotry.

Talk about a meaningless existence.

Are you jealous that you have never witnessed such beauty firsthand?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Of course. Which proves my point.
Christians are saddened because it is a part of their heritage, their culture, that is lost.
Anti-religious hating bigots are saddened bacause this is one less venue for their meaningless bucket list.
And nutjobs like are clapping because they can speak of islam.

Techne

Honorary Master
I'm not the one who spews sickening homophobia and bleeds bigotry.

Talk about a meaningless existence.

Are you jealous that you have never witnessed such beauty firsthand?
Carry on, make derogatory comments about religious people and pretend to be sad and respectful towards the loss of their meaningful landmarks:laugh:.

While you are at it, check around for shady world events happening while the world pretends to be fixated on this event.
Venezuela interference? China currency fixing? Israeli massacres of Palestinians? Yemeni genocide? Trump doing something stupid? Not because this is a false flag but because corrupt leaders have a knack for knowing when to carry out shady BS.

Last edited: