Notre Dame on fire

f2wohf

Honorary Master
The spokesperson of the firemen is mostly wary about the fire spreading inside the northern tower - if this tower collapses, then the structure is gone.
I got more details on TV.

What they are afraid of is that the ropes that hold the bells burn, making the bells fall which would probably make the structure of the tower collapse.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
The general head of the firefighters (firefighters are soldiers in Paris) announced that the next hour will be defining in whether they can save the northern tower or not.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
So they already assigning - or implying - blame?
Didn't even see that on the French news, I'm following 2 live feeds + one TV channel so no, just that journalist is implying.

To me, that yellow vest actually looks like a firefighter (from the helmet) more than a yellow vest.

All the theories look at the construction site for now, several monuments burnt recently during renovations (Nantes' cathedral, one in Limoges, Hotel Lambert...).

f2wohf

Honorary Master
The Deputy Minister for Public Safety declared that the fire lowered in intensity, "we can think that the structure can be considered as saved".
The firefighters confirm "the structure and the towers are saved in their entirety".

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Terrible. How can they be so incompetent to let this happen.
The wooden frame was a known risk and inspected on a daily basis by the firefighters every morning.

Fire detection systems cannot work since it's open and they would be totally inefficient.