Now to petition for Telkom infrastructure?

FarligOpptreden

Executive Member
So, I applied for the Telkom 3-months-free-ADSL special last year and never heard anything from them. I've been busy following up the last couple of months and was about to pull the remaining hair out of my head when I managed to get through to a helpful agent at the Telkom Cables department.

She informed me that my order was referred to Projects and they deemed it as "non viable". The agent referred me to one of the Project executives to find out why they won't deploy infrastructure in my area. She gave me his number to call, so I'll probably be doing that tomorrow.

Now, the thing is that there are loads of property developments going on around the complex where I stay, so I can't believe NOBODY in the area would want any ADSL installed. So how do I go about getting some infrastructure available for my area?

EDIT: Topic should read "How to..."

MickZA

Executive Member
Now, the thing is that there are loads of property developments going on around the complex where I stay, so I can't believe NOBODY in the area would want any ADSL installed. So how do I go about getting some infrastructure available for my area?

If the developers aren't prepared to involve Telkom from the planning stage this will be an ongoing problem as body corporates are not going to permit overhead aerial cable installations or pay for Telkom infrastructure after complexes are built. You need to petition the body corporates not Telkom.

Frosty-Et

Help

Did you manage to get them to install the infrastructure?

I am currently in the same situation.

So, I applied for the Telkom 3-months-free-ADSL special last year and never heard anything from them. I've been busy following up the last couple of months and was about to pull the remaining hair out of my head when I managed to get through to a helpful agent at the Telkom Cables department.

She informed me that my order was referred to Projects and they deemed it as "non viable". The agent referred me to one of the Project executives to find out why they won't deploy infrastructure in my area. She gave me his number to call, so I'll probably be doing that tomorrow.

EDIT: Topic should read "How to..."