Nutribullet

Zewp

Banned
http://www.takealot.com/nutribullet-superfood-nutrition-extractor-600w/PLID34180418

My SO received one of these for his birthday earlier this year and it is by far the coolest kitchen gadget I've seen yet. Not really a juicer and not really a blender, but perfect for most needs. We can't be arsed with their recipes for 'extraction' and whatnot, but we use it for smoothies, slushies, cocktails, juice, etc. Mostly we just put chunks of fruit in it with ice cubes and make slushy fruit juice. It blends everything in seconds and because of the design it's really easy to clean. I want to make milkshakes with ice cream in it sometime, but apparently we're on a diet so I haven't had the chance yet.

Anyone else have one of these? Do you have any interesting recipes?

BCO

Honorary Master
I have one. It's actually really good for making nice, smooth hummus. I tend to just throw in whatever fruit I have lying around, along with some almonds, flax seeds and maybe some spinach.

bokdrol

Executive Member
Sounds like a sort of vitamin loaded suppository. :p

On the run? No time to eat? Time for a Nutribullet!!!!!!!*
All your nutritional needs in one easy-to-insert suppository!!!!!!!!
Don't need to take lunch, you can do it during your morning toilet break!!!

*Also available in Lite, Gluten-free and Banting

Pitbull

Verboten
Wife has a smoothy machine from Kenwood. It struggles when I put ice cream in it to mix with drinks...

Does this one do ice cream efficiently ? Love to do Ice cream and Frangelico :eek:

saor

Honorary Master
Anyone else have one of these? Do you have any interesting recipes?
Frozen mother****in' bananas. Chuck it in the blender with some milk of your choice, a mango or chocolate or vanilla and bam! It's a double-thick shake without the need for ice-cream.

Srsly tho...frozen bananas.

Fox1

Expert Member
There's a Platinum Blender from Hyper Checkers that costs about R199 that can easily make you your smoothies and milkshakes under a minute and it comes with 2 750ml bottle type jugs. It's obviously not as fancy as the OP's one but it does it's job.

CheekyC

There's a Platinum Blender from Hyper Checkers that costs about R199 that can easily make you your smoothies and milkshakes under a minute and it comes with 2 750ml bottle type jugs. It's obviously not as fancy as the OP's one but it does it's job.
Problem with the larger blenders are that you need larger qtys to blend and cavitate properly. This gadget uses small qtys.

saor

Honorary Master
Once you use a nutribullet or a high-speed blender (like a Vitamix or the cheaper alternatives) you'll never want to use a regular blender again. There's no comparison.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Yes, this blender eats anything. Nuts, ice, frozen fruit. For some variety, download the iOS "smoothie" app. It has a 30 day programme for different drinks and gives you a shopping list for one week, so very easy to manage: 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge by Nibble Apps Ltd
https://appsto.re/za/ttJbZ.i
That is smart. No wonder it's so pricey.

I'm guessing it's a quality product?

I see the App is $5 as well; it should be Free

That is smart. No wonder it's so pricey.

I'm guessing it's a quality product?

I see the App is $5 as well; it should be Free
The blender is rock-solid. I think the cleaning is the best, as the "cartridge" with the blades screws onto the drinking mug (I think you get 4 of those) and you screw the whole thing onto the blender and just push down/twist to blend. Once done, you unscrew the whole thing, take off the "blade cartridge" and can drink straight out of the mug. We just chuck the mug and blade cartridge into the dishwasher and done - no mess.

The app is great btw as it has a 5-day shopping list and you can just tick off what you need - i think there are over 100 recipes, so quite useful. They do have all the recipes online (http://www.youngandraw.com/category/recipes/smoothies/) - btw, I started hating cilantro (coriander). Best smoothies you can make are with coconut water.

jacodebeer

Expert Member
Vanilla ice cream + vanilla milk + Honey + Smooth Peanutbutter= Tastiest way to get fat OMW!!! Best taste ever!!!!!!!!!

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
We've had a Magic Bullet, it looks very similar to this Nutribullet, for many years now and it's a little workhorse.

Zewp

Banned
Wife has a smoothy machine from Kenwood. It struggles when I put ice cream in it to mix with drinks...

Does this one do ice cream efficiently ? Love to do Ice cream and Frangelico :eek:
I'm sure it will have no issue. This thing grinds like nobody's business. We sometimes stuff it so full that we think there's no way this thing is going to grind and then somehow it just does. You really have to see it to believe it. It breaks down everything in the container in under 10 seconds.

We regularly make Frangelico and coffee slushy drinks in it. I want to try with ice cream sometime, but the SO keeps complaining that we have to diet. :eek:

Zewp

Banned
Frozen mother****in' bananas. Chuck it in the blender with some milk of your choice, a mango or chocolate or vanilla and bam! It's a double-thick shake without the need for ice-cream.

Srsly tho...frozen bananas.
We did this and it came out amazing! We filled it with milk and Chocolate Nesquik and threw a few frozen bananas in with it.

The only problem with frozen bananas is you have to finish the drink immediately because otherwise it turns brown after half an hour or so.

mister

Executive Member
The only problem with frozen bananas is you have to finish the drink immediately because otherwise it turns brown after half an hour or so.
So? It's going to turn brown inside your digestive tract anyway

saor

Honorary Master
We did this and it came out amazing! We filled it with milk and Chocolate Nesquik and threw a few frozen bananas in with it.

Never really noticed that. I use almond milk so maybe it reacts differently to dairy? Dunno. Sounds like you're enjoying the new toy :).

jsheed_sa

Expert Member
How does this differ from a juicer?

I'm off to make some Apple juice with some Lemon for taste, right now ;)