Official 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

1.guthro 2.smith 3.jannie 4.danie 5.vic 6.brussouw 7.schalk 8.spies 9. 10.morne 11.habana 12.jdv 13.fourie 14.jp 15.lambie 16.bissie 17.alberts 18.louw 19.butch 20.hougie 21.CJ 22.gio
 
cant decide if im happy with bakkies being left out due to injury, and thus danie getting a start...
 
I understand CJ vd Linde can play LH and TH. But to drop Beast from the side completely?

Eish.
 
@ apoc85, i also feel that if they could havd given smith a run at th, they should have given beast a try. CJ imo is not great outside of the scrum an only average to good in the scrum.
 
Can't believe they went with useless CJ over Beast, that's bullshyte :mad:

A Jannie/Smit/Beast or Jannie/Bizzy/Beast front row is an amazing thing. now they pull this k@k ....... idiots.
 
I am really nervous about our next game. Here are our results for the last year:

South Africa v Ireland
23-21 - 2 tries to SA

South Africa v Wales
29-25 - 2 tries to SA

South Africa v Scotland
17-21 - 1 try to SA

South Africa v England
21-11 - 2 tries to SA

South Africa v Australia (2011)
20-39 - 2 tries to SA

South Africa v New Zealand
7-40 - 1 try to SA

South Africa v Australia
9-14 - 0 tries to SA

South Africa v New Zealand
18-5 - 0 tries to SA

South Africa v Wales
17-16 - 2 tries to SA

South Africa v Fiji
49-3 - 6 tries to SA

South Africa v Namibia
87-0 - 12 tries to SA

South Africa v Samoa
13-5 - 1 try to SA

If you ignore the Fiji and Namibia games, we have only scored 6 tries in the other 6 games this year. We have not played well against any strong opposition. We scraped home against Wales and Samoa. The last thing we need to do is be messing around with the tight five and why the hell isn't Hougard starting? It feels to me like Div is changing other players to try and keep Smit in the starting 15. Eventually our scrambling defense is going to leak a try or two. We need to be playing our best 15 from this point onwards :(
 
Yeah I must be honest, I'm not all that confident of our prospects here on in.

As the results posted by Abe suggest, the Boks have been well below par this year so far.

To me it's been like watching a team who don't want to give their game plan away. The sad truth is they playing to the best of their abilities and not really making a resounding impression. I don't think it has anything to do with them playing within themselves.

The last 2 tri-nation games suggest to me that they had something special in reserve but I'm no longer convinced.

I do however gain solace in the fact that Australia have not been much better and for all their brilliance if their "B" team turns up we will roll them with interest...
 
I am just afraid that Australia is holding back and waiting on a big team to take them on. Hopefully I will regret saying this, but I think Australia is going to beat us. We just got too much injuries and hard headed coach who is relying too much on experience and not on performance in the last few games. No matter how small the game is
 
I must say I am really feeling that unless we change our kicking tacktics (if it does not rain) we will be hard pressed to win come Sunday :(

I just hope that we learnt a lesson from the Irish on how to cut off the power feeding the Aussie explosive backs... also with Pocock back for them it will be even harder to trump them.
 
I still think we are the better team and I just hope that bakkies exit will inspire our team 2.
 
Aus have only lost about 3 games over the last 12 months. A lot less than us. They also lost primarily to the Irish because they didn't have Pocock.

You can have a 100% win record for 4 years, but just lose the one game that counts. It happens all the time. I won't put anything into those statistics tbh.
 
You can have a 100% win record for 4 years, but just lose the one game that counts. It happens all the time. I won't put anything into those statistics tbh.

True that, stats mean nothing and records are meant to be broken. It is what is going to happen on the day that counts. I fear the worst, but hope for the best
 
You can have a 100% win record for 4 years, but just lose the one game that counts. It happens all the time. I won't put anything into those statistics tbh.

Agree 100%. The reason I said it was because of the statement that we are a better side than Aus. I don't believe the selected team is. Not saying that we don't have the players, just that the selected players are not our best.
 
I must say I am really feeling that unless we change our kicking tacktics (if it does not rain) we will be hard pressed to win come Sunday :(

Agreed. Our "kicking game" will not win it for us here. Morne will have to actually try to attack the Aussies with ball in-hand for once. Our approach to this game will have to be completely different to the Samoa affair because if we give the Aussie back line that much possession they're going to eat us for breakfast.

My gut feeling tells me that we'll be trailing by quite a large margin at half-time and then De Villiers will have no choice but to bring on Bismarck, Hougaard, Alberts and Butch to try to turn things around...I really hope I'm wrong though.
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X