OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Just as the instructions say, you do the ROM first, and then the radio. I haven't had a single random reboot :)
 
How do you back up your phone? Do you just copy the contents to your pc once the phone is in disk mode?
 
How do you back up your phone? Do you just copy the contents to your pc once the phone is in disk mode?

Thats what I did yes. Exported my contacts to csv file on the SD, and copied everything over to my PC (Wallpapers, ringtones, contact export, ect)

EDIT: How does this ROM look?
 
Last edited:
Are the Vodacom Desire's branded?

Anyway, just flashed my Desire to the brand new Froyo ROM that's got Sense :D

I've done NOTHING, except install the Twitter app and my screenshot app :P

snap20100708_121331.jpg


1.jpg


snap20100708_121406.jpg


snap20100708_121425.jpg

And how is it? Smooth? Faster? Notice any improved Battery life? Whats your fav new feature?
 
I will keep an eye on the battery life and see if it improves but I doubt it. Faster and smoother is hard to determine, because it was blazing fast before the root as well... The biggest reason I did it is to install apps on the SD card instead of on the internal memory.

DAE_JA_VOO, how do you take screenshots on this...?
 
And how is it? Smooth? Faster? Notice any improved Battery life? Whats your fav new feature?
Well, I only just installed it this morning, so it's WAY too soon to say. The most important thing for me is Sense. I hate the Sense launcher, but I use HTC's Calendar, Contacts, and Dialer apps, so I essentially NEED Sense on a ROM, even though I use LauncherPro as my launcher. So, the fact that it's got Sense is instantly a win for me. I'll keep you posted though.


I will keep an eye on the battery life and see if it improves but I doubt it. Faster and smoother is hard to determine, because it was blazing fast before the root as well... The biggest reason I did it is to install apps on the SD card instead of on the internal memory.

DAE_JA_VOO, how do you take screenshots on this...?
Search the market for "screenshot", pick any screenshot app, and voila :)
 
Thats what I did yes. Exported my contacts to csv file on the SD, and copied everything over to my PC (Wallpapers, ringtones, contact export, ect)

EDIT: How does this ROM look?

Looks good, is it basically froyo for the desire without any mods etc?
 
These ROMS are not about LOOKS, they're about functionality and speed :)
 
Well I'm going to keep running this one for now :)

Here are some screens:

screenshot.jpg


Benchmark from Linpack: (Got around 8 MFLOPS with the standard ROM and 2.1)

screenshot_2.jpg


And the superuser ninja man, haha, love just the icon!

screenshot_1.jpg
 
Anyone experience the following,

  • Processor max's out - 99%, and the entire phone slows down.
  • Google Talk fails to start
  • GMail fails to refresh, when manually hitting refresh

These are all mutually exclusive problems and all are resolved by rebooting. The problems occur infrequently, but do not resolve themselves - have to reboot. If anyone knows why this happens or of a tool to troubleshoot these problems, e.g. looking at processor usage per application, it would be appreciated.

I had the googletalk not starting thing as well (screen would flash the app for a second then it would disappear). There is an update coming for the Desire sometime soon to 1.21.405 (leaf is waiting on service provider approval apparently) and I can say for a fact that it fixes the problem.
 
Anyone experience the following,

  • Processor max's out - 99%, and the entire phone slows down.
  • Google Talk fails to start
  • GMail fails to refresh, when manually hitting refresh

These are all mutually exclusive problems and all are resolved by rebooting. The problems occur infrequently, but do not resolve themselves - have to reboot. If anyone knows why this happens or of a tool to troubleshoot these problems, e.g. looking at processor usage per application, it would be appreciated.

Mine did funny things like that when nimbuzz was set to start at reboot, some apps can cause your fone to do funny things, hence task manager is handy in situations like this, BUT NOT ALL THE TIME
 
I am downloading Froyo too, did you have any issues? everything and fm radio working?


aaarg, gotta back up sms's, and load apps all over again... is there no easy way?
 
Last edited:
I am downloading Froyo too, did you have any issues? everything and fm radio working?

I just plugged in the ear phones and tried the radio... Worked fine for me, any indication as to what is not supposed to work so I can test?
 
I just plugged in the ear phones and tried the radio... Worked fine for me, any indication as to what is not supposed to work so I can test?

I read somewhere bluetooth, and fm radio, were some of the issues they were working on still... do you have HD video recording as well? these were all promised for froyo

Edit:
Know issue:
There are not wallpapers
Some times the geolocalization could not work well
It's possible that some times the device reboot for unknown reasons
 
Last edited:
I will do some tests for bluetooth with my laptop tomorrow, fm radio I listened to just now so I don't know what the exact problem might be. And yes 720p is included!
 
I will do some tests for bluetooth with my laptop tomorrow, fm radio I listened to just now so I don't know what the exact problem might be. And yes 720p is included!

Thanx, Thats good enough for me to move over to Froyo, I just need to find an easy way to back up and restore everything, else ill be spending another 2 hrs setting my fone up again :)
 
You guys might just wanna check this out :http://www.appbrain.com/app/scan.bcr It took a photo of a biznuss card and added it to my contacts... as text. awesome stuff i bet the I Phone cant do

lol, speaking of the iPhone, don't know if you read the main articles on MyBB, but check this article and then read the forum posts on the thread as well, all the iFanBoys get their panties in a curl and suddenly speed doesn't matter cause they lost. hahaha
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X