OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Havent tried yet, backed all mine up in apk form, so I just installed from the SD directly...

found out in the apps there is something called "Set Installation Location" so it doesn't even need Apps2SD.

@cyberarmy you gonna have to do it all over again, get appbrain, and save your app list so you can manage it online, and do a batch install... Rooting and going Froyo is the best thing i have ever done, Its like i got a new fone all over again LOL :)

Oh and the fone display rotates in any direction you turn it, left or right WFT.. now thats thinking of detail and usability :)
 
found out in the apps there is something called "Set Installation Location" so it doesn't even need Apps2SD.

Yip, very nice hey! Have any of you played around with themes/launchers? I have installed LauncherPro now, and its quite awesome actually, would just like to have more skins/themes for it.
 
found out in the apps there is something called "Set Installation Location" so it doesn't even need Apps2SD.

@cyberarmy you gonna have to do it all over again, get appbrain, and save your app list so you can manage it online, and do a batch install... Rooting and going Froyo is the best thing i have ever done, Its like i got a new fone all over again LOL :)

Oh and the fone display rotates in any direction you turn it, left or right WFT.. now thats thinking of detail and usability :)

Thanks, will try Appbrain.
 
I orderd mine on Sunday and they said I was going to get it in three working days. I'm still waiting! What's going on? I'm beyond excited.

P.S. How long should I charge it for when I get it?
 
I orderd mine on Sunday and they said I was going to get it in three working days. I'm still waiting! What's going on? I'm beyond excited.

P.S. How long should I charge it for when I get it?

Mine never got a full charge, i played with it all night,...even under the covers, just kept the charger in, by the morning it was full
 
which directory can i grab my previous apps from to install?

Depends how you backed them up. When you use ASTRO or any other file manager you can install the apk files from any folder on the SD...
 
i used titanium backup, but they all .gz files in the folder.

Im trying to install some apps but they say not found on the market, not sure if they get taken off if they dont support 2.2

Edit: reinstalled titanium, reinstalled all my apps from there, should have used astro LOL :)
 
Last edited:
Awesome:-) I am ROOT!

Now for Froyo...

Btw, had hectic issues, all sort of little things. Most of the problems caused HTC Sync yet, so everyone who wants to root...Make sure you do:-)
 
Awesome:-) I am ROOT!

Now for Froyo...

Btw, had hectic issues, all sort of little things. Most of the problems caused HTC Sync yet, so everyone who wants to root...Make sure you do:-)

Geez I dont even bother with htc sync, i sync directly with exch server through wifi

you will be amazed with froyo, I also just did mine
 
the thing is, if you don't install htc sync then the pc does not pick up the phone during the flash, then nothing works. But I installed it, then it was fine. Will probably Froyo tomorrow, unless I figure it out tonight. Not really awake enough atm.
 
the thing is, if you don't install htc sync then the pc does not pick up the phone during the flash, then nothing works. But I installed it, then it was fine. Will probably Froyo tomorrow, unless I figure it out tonight. Not really awake enough atm.

Why not just flash the phone straight from the memory card? I download the ROMs, copy them onto the memory card, unplug my phone, and flash to the new ROM straight from the memory card. No HTC sync needed.
 
Very fast! Even Quake 3's menu's that did not work that nicely before are snappy...this is amazing!
 
Wow, even my Wifi seems to be much better! Rooms where I had no signal has, or so it shows. Will test this sometime properly.
 
Awesome:-) I am ROOT!

Now for Froyo...

Congrats man, much better than standard hey!

Anyway here is my home screens for now, the white blocks are just picture frames with my girl in ;)

1Left:
1-1.png

2Middle:
2-1.png

3Right:
3-1.png
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X