OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Anyone have problem running LauncherPro 0.6.7.2 on DJ Droid? I have the analog clock and Power control widget running on the desktop, but after every restart, I get the problem with loading widget error.
Got to delete widget and reload again.

You have to make sure that LauncherPro is installed on the phone, not the SD card, otherwise you will get that unfortunately.

I think DEA_JA_VOO mentioned that this problem is sorted out in the modified version of DJ Droid if I remember correctly. But its not worth a reflash for me, I just installed all the widget type apps on the phone, and the rest on the SD.
 
You have to make sure that LauncherPro is installed on the phone, not the SD card, otherwise you will get that unfortunately.

I think DEA_JA_VOO mentioned that this problem is sorted out in the modified version of DJ Droid if I remember correctly. But its not worth a reflash for me, I just installed all the widget type apps on the phone, and the rest on the SD.

Thanks. Must be that setinstall thing installed the widgets on SD.
 
That's exactly what the problem was. Your apps are installing to SD, so when you mount the SD card, they die.

I'd recommend flashing to the modded DJ Droid Rom that uses the older Apps2SD method. That's what I'm running now, and I've got no problems like that anymore.
 
I just uninstalled the clock widget, and install to Phone (setinstall set to internal). Add the widget on desktop, restarted the phone. Same problem.....
 
Yep, I had the same issue. In fact, the only thing that fixed that problem for me was reflashing the ROM and installing apps to internal memory from the start. Only THEN did that problem stop. If you're going to reflash, you should just reflash to the modded ROM and use the old Apps2SD. Works perfectly for me :)
 
Most of my problems came from flashing the rom and not wiping the thing before using it...I did that, and lots of issues were sorted out. So whenever flashing a new rom, remember to wipe!
 
Okay, benchmarks. I am getting 38.392...the best I got was about 40, but doing 200 things on the phone atm.
 
Okay, benchmarks. I am getting 38.392...the best I got was about 40, but doing 200 things on the phone atm.

Yeah same, 38-40. I checked some of the top ones, the first phone is the Nexus with 55.5, but its clocked at 1300Mhz
 
Yeah same, 38-40. I checked some of the top ones, the first phone is the Nexus with 55.5, but its clocked at 1300Mhz

Same here. Got a friend of mine with a stock Desire to run Linpack, he gets 6-8 MFLOPS :)
 
htc desire

howzit everyone

can someone tell me how to change settings for google sync?
i dont want to sync calender and contacts? only email?

and which program can i use to set a password for messages and certain apps?
 
Me feels sad that--------------------> none of the apple fanboys wanna race my modded 2.2 desire LOL :)
 
howzit everyone

can someone tell me how to change settings for google sync?
i dont want to sync calender and contacts? only email?

Settings -> Accounts @ Sync -> Click the account -> select what you want to sync :)
 
How the heck do you get 3g on MTN? Downloaded the WAP settings with *123# but nothing happens?

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Menu -> New APN

Use these settings:

Name: Internet
APN: Internet
username: guest
password: guest

Menu -> Save

All done :)
 
How the heck do you get 3g on MTN? Downloaded the WAP settings with *123# but nothing happens?

I don't even have to do that. Inserted the sim and power on my phone, then got an sms say MTN detected my phone is in a new device, they sending the new settings through.....
 
Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Menu -> New APN

Use these settings:

Name: Internet
APN: Internet
username: guest
password: guest

Menu -> Save

All done :)

thats all it needs :)

and make sure all the check boxes are on... but use the widget to switch 3G on and off
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X