OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

been having texting issues after i did the upgrade/update to froyo btw, the keypad sometimes does its own crazy thing while typing. anyone experiencing this problem?
edit: crazy things like when i press "space" it minimizes the keyboard as if all letters have new functions then a couple of seconds later all will be fine again.
 
Last edited:
I have just flashed with leeDroid 1.8 and my phone keeps restarting when i try and install an app from the market, have any of you guys experienced this? (I did do a complete wipe)

EDT: Resolved the fault, there was something wrong with my EXT3 partition... nothing that a reformat can't fix
 
Last edited:
been having texting issues after i did the upgrade/update, the keypad sometimes does its own crazy thing while typing. anyone experiencing this problem?
edit: crazy things like when i press "space" it minimizes the keyboard as if all letters have new functions then a couple of seconds later all will be fine again.

Nope updated last night but have had no such problems today, although i didnt do much texting, if the problem happens i will let you know
 
I have a big problem after recieving the OTA Upgrade to V2.2 on my Vodacom Desire. After the update it restarted, but it can't load the desktop because it keeps force closing the sense launcher...What am I supposed to do now?
 
I have a big problem after recieving the OTA Upgrade to V2.2 on my Vodacom Desire. After the update it restarted, but it can't load the desktop because it keeps force closing the sense launcher...What am I supposed to do now?
also had that...

read this: *deleted* haaibo, page not found ?!?!

something like: push search button, search for device settings, reset the home screens (i think thats what u need to do)

or else just do a factory reset like I did in the end....
 
lol... hold volume up or down (cant recall) while powering the phone up.. this will get u to the android settings on boot..
 
Well, now that I'm over the shock, I can get to work playing wid the new software...Have you noticed any difference, i.e the speed claims they made?

Never really played around on it much before updating ... so not to sure, there are a couple of little differences in standard menu things... It has a flashlight app... lol. I love my desire... awesome! I can stream movies from my PC onto my phone wirelessly - that is cool!
 
Even though before updating my desire was very quick, it seems much more responsive and smooth now, and some apps (dolphin browser especially) load much faster, although using flash in the browser is a serious battery killer! haha
 
I have a big problem after recieving the OTA Upgrade to V2.2 on my Vodacom Desire. After the update it restarted, but it can't load the desktop because it keeps force closing the sense launcher...What am I supposed to do now?

First post of this thread describes what to do (it's near the bottom) - there is no need to factory reset your phone.
 
The one thing that irks me about android, is the crappy software out there. I am looking for somekind of PIM screen (being on the lock screen would be a bonus), there is a couple but all of them only work 50% of the time, and the rest of the time its just done half-assed. I've now received the phone and use it for work purposes, and love the speed and touch sensitive responses (the screen also looks gorgeous), but when it comes to open source software...blech
 
Quick Question About Syncing Contacts with G-Mail.

When i do this will it put all the contacts from my phone into my g-mail account under a separate group? or not?
 
The one thing that irks me about android, is the crappy software out there. I am looking for somekind of PIM screen (being on the lock screen would be a bonus), there is a couple but all of them only work 50% of the time, and the rest of the time its just done half-assed. I've now received the phone and use it for work purposes, and love the speed and touch sensitive responses (the screen also looks gorgeous), but when it comes to open source software...blech

As far as I know the apps are not open source software. Free apps maybe, but open source implies that anyone can see the code of the apps and add and remove as they see fit. Rather have it this way than having to pay for the 70% of crap apps out there anyways.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X