OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Well that particular error is an "anomaly" of sorts where mediaserver somehow ends up in a loop because of nimbuzz. If you don't auto start and you just start it manually then it's fine... (although not the lightest app on resources). I basically only use nimbuzz for skype when I need to, otherwise use google talk only.
 
Thanx for the advice, I didnt realise it was killing me that bad, I do like the facebook chat feature however. I do hope they fix this app it used to work so well with my n97
 
When I try to take a photo I get the following message is displaye

Unable to save file to SD card due to insufficient file permissions

Does anyone know why and how to fix this cause I was able to take photos previously




According to this forum

they suggest you put your sd card into your computer directly, copy everything off(backup all the folders), then try reformatting, then copy everything back. it usually fixes it. It might even be that there may be not enough space left on the card



thanks it worked
 
I keep getting a " connectfailed' popup on my fone. can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks
 
Don't know if everybody has seen this, but Paul at MoDaCo has updated his rooting guide for the Desire to be "risk free".

MoDaCo Rooting Guide

Anyway, what I was going to ask is, all the guys/girls that have rooted, I am getting this message when running step 1:

Desire Root Step 1

Erasing cache and rebooting in RUU mode...

erasing 'cache'... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))

About to start flash...
< waiting for device >
sending 'zip' (138708 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
sending 'zip' (138708 KB)...


Here it just hangs for hours so you have to cancel it... I want to try the new release (r6), but I don't want to go through all the backing up and restoring of data if I don't know what causes this error I am getting... Any ideas?
 
Hmmm, I don't know what's causing that. I followed the guide on XDA, and that worked perfectly for me, took 5 minutes.
 
I see you can root and unroot. How does this work with the warranty? If for instance, you had a hardware problem that is covered by the warranty, will rooting void this? Or could you simply unroot and then send it in?
 
Can't wait for Froyo, need to kick Flash Lite to the curb. Case (PO S520) and Screen Shield should arrive by Friday according to Expansys.

Regarding Eclair, The option to install to SD card is sorely needed, waiting with anticipation for Froyo, especially with my need to geek my phone out with every app known to man
 
Regarding Eclair, The option to install to SD card is sorely needed, waiting with anticipation for Froyo, especially with my need to geek my phone out with every app known to man

So why not "geek your phone" and just root it?
 
Hey guys, what's the best deal on the Desire now? I see MTN had a deal on new contracot, R339/month for Anytime 200 contract. The thing is I am with MTN already so don't think I can upgrade to this at the same price....
 
Hey guys, what's the best deal on the Desire now? I see MTN had a deal on new contracot, R339/month for Anytime 200 contract. The thing is I am with MTN already so don't think I can upgrade to this at the same price....

And i am looking for the best non-contract deal :p.
 
Hey guys, what's the best deal on the Desire now? I see MTN had a deal on new contracot, R339/month for Anytime 200 contract. The thing is I am with MTN already so don't think I can upgrade to this at the same price....

I was on MTN Anytime 200 on my previous phone, and I asked for it, and got it...they said something like R150 charge for the new contract on my next bill, but much better than the previous shop that wanted me to pay R500 because I am upgrading early. So essentially it will be a normal upgrade as always.
 
I see you can root and unroot. How does this work with the warranty? If for instance, you had a hardware problem that is covered by the warranty, will rooting void this? Or could you simply unroot and then send it in?

It will be void while it is rooted, but yes you can then just unroot it and send it in. Done :)
 
So why not "geek your phone" and just root it?

Was going to until I heard Froyo was an option, would much rather wait, and if rooting provides a benefit still after Froyo, I will do so
 
Was going to until I heard Froyo was an option, would much rather wait, and if rooting provides a benefit still after Froyo, I will do so

Is there any more news regarding the Froyo upgrade for the Desire?
 
Don't know if everybody has seen this, but Paul at MoDaCo has updated his rooting guide for the Desire to be "risk free".

MoDaCo Rooting Guide

Anyway, what I was going to ask is, all the guys/girls that have rooted, I am getting this message when running step 1:

Desire Root Step 1

Erasing cache and rebooting in RUU mode...

erasing 'cache'... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
... FAILED (status read failed (Unknown error))

About to start flash...
< waiting for device >
sending 'zip' (138708 KB)... FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
sending 'zip' (138708 KB)...


Here it just hangs for hours so you have to cancel it... I want to try the new release (r6), but I don't want to go through all the backing up and restoring of data if I don't know what causes this error I am getting... Any ideas?

I also had rooting errors like that, i did mine from win7, they recomend the linux CD, it had to do with the way windows read the .bat file and paused, waiting for something, but linux just did it correctly.

Use this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696189

there are videos from theunlocker
 
I will try the linux guide tonight. Downloading the iso from work... ;)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X