OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

i see i have to add my card details to the site first
is it safe dude?
 
Hehehe! Sorry about that, the ;-P usually for me means it is not a serious comment. But yeah, I am quite keen to know how Swype and SlideMe compares. Tried the Swype beta a while back, but it just did not work, so I gave up after a few minutes as I did not have time to try it. Maybe I should see if that Beta is still valid and workable....

...runs off to Gmail
 
Okay, I quite like swype:-) Will take some getting used to, 'cos my fingers are big, and it makes it hard to see sometimes, but I will get the hang of it:-)
 
You and I are talking about COMPLETELY different things! Hahahaha!!

SlideMe is an Android App store online. Check my previous link. YOU, on the other hand, are talking about the keyboard, which is much like shapewriter :P
 
You are right...I am fast asleep...or should be! Let me get to bed, and we start/continue/finish tomorrow rather before I FAIL again...;-)
 
My lost my Mobile data connection. Anyone know what's happening?

Can't connect to 3G or anything, no changes made to the APNs, and it's working yesterday.

PS Wipe my phone and mobile data still not working.
 
Last edited:
Glad I checked here first...same with me. Noticed it at first when sending an sms from my phone...I can receive smses, but I cannot send. Data also screwed. So yeah, think it's MTN. Sigh!
 
Glad I checked here first...same with me. Noticed it at first when sending an sms from my phone...I can receive smses, but I cannot send. Data also screwed. So yeah, think it's MTN. Sigh!

Thing is I tried my SIM in my friend's phone and it worked? Will try on my other friend's Desire now.
 
im on mtn and its working fine here in jeppestown
i think its certain areas
vodacom4me site is also off so mayb its something else
 
On MTN, no data, or sms issues recently.

Regarding sms's are you using Handcent or ChompSMS?

I use chomp.
I noticed that if i use chomp and someone sends me an mms, i get a forced close message from the native sms app. Thereafter i wouldnt receive sms's. Only a phone reboot sorts the issue out.
 
I hope it's MTN, otherwise I need to unroot and flash back to 2.1 and take to MTN (still within 7 days).

This Data problem is really annoying.
 
I hope it's MTN, otherwise I need to unroot and flash back to 2.1 and take to MTN (still within 7 days).

This Data problem is really annoying.

I am in JHB, no data issues today, or in a long while for that matter. Suspect it might be the phone.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X