OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Astro also expires in 1 days time, cannot uninstall and reinstall, errors

can someone help?

Don't know if your issue is root specific? If its not, i got the same warning, just upgraded Astro. Works fine. Has advertising now - not sure if i had it before.
 
Been hanging on for 808 for 30 minutes now...still waiting for an answer.....I suspect they are flooded with calls...sigh!
 
1h36 minutes...still waiting. Isn't there like a limit on how long they can take? I am seriously getting fed up....

TrueTenacity, I got one at a Vodashop or MTN shop...it is a Body Glove charger...Was like R100 or R150...works well enough. Has a USB port on the base, and a usb cable. This cable is only good for charging on a pc, but it works. You can also plug in your original cable that came with the phone. Only bad thing I can say about it is the phone gets hot when charging via it...but I suppose thats normal?
 
I just upgraded to the latest LeeDroid 1.2b ROM and Radio 5.09.00.08. Same old story, no Data no SMS. So it's the network!!!!!
 
Okay, my problem is solved I hope...my account has reached it's limit...my limit is pretty high:-l But I took the guy on 'cos I still have my sms bundle and data bundle and that is what is not working. Why don't they just sms people and let them know? Fairly sure it will bring down support calls dramatically.
 
So I should rather call account department to find out what's wrong with my phone? I have a lot of airtime left on my account. That's a fact.

Try to confirm my account balance, 258 number is temporary down. Calling 808 now, I have a outstanding balance close to R500, MTN screw up again!!! My account has been suspended.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I am so porting back to Vodascum when my contract is over...Wanted to do it this time around, but I was tempted by Desire;-)
 
Yes, checked already. It's automatically configured by my MTN Sim.

That's almost certainly your problem. Don't let it automatically configure it for you, because it's obviously configuring wrong. Just create an APN on your own, and use the settings I posted a few pages back.
 
That's almost certainly your problem. Don't let it automatically configure it for you, because it's obviously configuring wrong. Just create an APN on your own, and use the settings I posted a few pages back.

The problem is with MTN, they suspended my account. Now it's all good. Nothing to do with the settings.......
 
I used to in the beginning days of Android on my Tytn 2 always have to configure an APN for myself. The thing still had a modem app to dial out! felt so ancient! but I usually just filled in Name and APN...both of them "internet" and it worked. Just out of curiosity Dae_ja_voo, what is your settings? Are you on MTN? If you did post it somewhere on this thread, just say and I'll go look.
 
Those are basically my settings. "Name" and "APN" are both "internet", and username and password are both "guest". :)
 
My lost my Mobile data connection. Anyone know what's happening?

Can't connect to 3G or anything, no changes made to the APNs, and it's working yesterday.

PS Wipe my phone and mobile data still not working.

Odd.

I lost data connection at about 10:30 this morning (I was driving & map reported loss of network). Unrooted Desire on MTN contract.

Tried toggling mobile data, airplane mode, etc, nothing helped. But powering off and on fixed it (before 12:00).
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X