OFFICIAL HTC Desire Thread

Checked and I had 1.15. Applied the 1.21 update succesfully, busy installing 2.2
 
Okay, for those of you who have a branded vodacom desire, the goldcard method does work. Just updated my desire to Froyo. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741836 ---follow the instructions in that XDA thread to create a goldcard and update your phone. It doesnt involve any rooting of your phone. Im not sure where we stand on the waranty part by doing this but in my point of view i did nothing wrong because there is other people that got the 2.2 update thats on vodacom, but maybe someone else could clarify this for us??? Hope this is of some help...
 
Well succesfully updated etc. Looks basically the same. Didn't have to worry about restoring backups from anywhere or anything (but did take them in case).
Only problem so far is camera not working. Click on icon and it kinda "flashes" and doesnt do much.
 
I'm running LeeDrOiD ROM 1.7 now, also based on the official HTC Froyo release. Rooting still kicks the arse of doing what the manufacturer want's you to do... :)

Im assuming you did a complete wipe when you reflashed to 1.7?
 
Not picking up the update either, any suggestions guys?

Got an HTC Desire from Vodacom on my wife's contract but using the phone with my sim card.
 
Me neither... Im on MTN though.
I've heard that the update may be getting rolled out in batches so that could be a eason as to why we dont pick anything up...

What i would like to known is, that if you are on build 1.15.405.4, will we get the update at all? Or must i manually upgrade to 1.21 first?
 
Im assuming you did a complete wipe when you reflashed to 1.7?

It was recommended and I don't really mind, just backed up my apk files for the apps I had on, and exported my contact list to a file. So yes I did the full wipe and cache wipe.
 
Why are people waiting for the OTA update instead of just downloading it?
 
I downloaded the whole thing took me 16 hours just to tell me the file is corrupted and now when I check for the update again it says there are no updates available!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Why are people waiting for the OTA update instead of just downloading it?

Better question: Why do people still insist on not rooting even though the "official" stuff is full of more problems...
 
From what I've read the custom roms seems to have enough of their own problems.
 
Better question: Why do people still insist on not rooting even though the "official" stuff is full of more problems...

I dont know where to even start. What should i be looking for when picking a rom. I believe there are quite a few out there already. I see guys having issues with their roms. See the numerous post in the HTC desire thread.

At the moment i dont have any problems with the standard rom, so not really compelled to root.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X