Official Man United Supporters' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's May 31st. Transfer window closes August 31st. How many signings did you expect to be done by now?

Well, I'm glad you're not in charge of the signings. You'd do all your transfers on the 30th!

Irasshai Shinji!! Domo Arigato!
 
Regularly? I'm sure he's been pretty regular in the last two years at least. Oh yeah, and that 75% rule is only valid for matches where he was eligible to be called up... ie: if he was injured, then it doesn't count.

According to Wikipedia he's got 30 appearances for Japan, but I don't think that includes his last few games. I think he's sitting around 32 or 33. Either way he doesn't comply with the 75% rule, which is why United are going to base his work visa on the grounds of exceptional talent.

I really don't think it'll be a problem. Happy for him though, playing for the club he supported as a child.
 
Well, I'm glad you're not in charge of the signings. You'd do all your transfers on the 30th!

Irasshai Shinji!! Domo Arigato!

Firstly, you'd love it if I were in charge of signings. And just because I advocated a patient wait for signings from United instead of bitching when we hadn't confirmed anyone a full three months before the end of the transfer season.

Regularly? I'm sure he's been pretty regular in the last two years at least. Oh yeah, and that 75% rule is only valid for matches where he was eligible to be called up... ie: if he was injured, then it doesn't count.

He wasn't called up for the WC squad, but also had injuries. In any case, I'm sure United wouldn't have pursued him if they weren't certain that a work permit would be issued, so I'm not worried.
 
I wouldn't mind Fellaini to replace Carrick

He's all elbows and no finesse that one. Not saying I wouldn't like him at United, but I agree with smokes, adding him to the squad instead of replacing Carrick with him is the way to go.
 
He's all elbows and no finesse that one. Not saying I wouldn't like him at United, but I agree with smokes, adding him to the squad instead of replacing Carrick with him is the way to go.

Ye that's what I meant... i.e when Carrick is injured or needs a break use Fellaini, his CDM ability is also pretty good
 
Ye that's what I meant... i.e when Carrick is injured or needs a break use Fellaini, his CDM ability is also pretty good

He is also a handy attacking player as well. I was suprised seeing him play upfront for Everton a couple of times.

Not sure why people want to get rid of Carrick, he is class.
 
He is also a handy attacking player as well. I was suprised seeing him play upfront for Everton a couple of times.

Not sure why people want to get rid of Carrick, he is class.

Because he is not flashy like others and people see him as slowing down the tempo of the game.
 
Only problem with that logic is that it discounts the effect Carrick has on the other players in the United team. Carrick, like Scholes, just makes the players around him perform better.
 
Only problem with that logic is that it discounts the effect Carrick has on the other players in the United team. Carrick, like Scholes, just makes the players around him perform better.

That is the point of a defensive midfielder.
 
Well if you keep the ball as well as Carrick, you don't really need a DM. Carrick's positional awareness is very underrated and is probably the main reason why he is criticised so much. He came in when we released Keane and fans were expecting another Keano (there's only one), but instead we got a midfielder who is in the right place at the right time and therefore doesn't need to tackle as much. His distribution is superb and not just ito accuracy but also in the timing of the pass. I think he is one of the reasons why we have won so many trophies since Keane left and done so well in Europe too. Then again, I am a firm believer that Scholes is miles ahead of a Gerrard as a midfielder :whistle:
 
He is also a handy attacking player as well. I was suprised seeing him play upfront for Everton a couple of times.

Not sure why people want to get rid of Carrick, he is class.

I'm all for Carrick but he cannot play 42 odd matches... look at what happened when he was injured at the beginning of the season...

We need a younger backup to leech from Carrick ;)
 
Well if you keep the ball as well as Carrick, you don't really need a DM. Carrick's positional awareness is very underrated and is probably the main reason why he is criticised so much. He came in when we released Keane and fans were expecting another Keano (there's only one), but instead we got a midfielder who is in the right place at the right time and therefore doesn't need to tackle as much. His distribution is superb and not just ito accuracy but also in the timing of the pass. I think he is one of the reasons why we have won so many trophies since Keane left and done so well in Europe too. Then again, I am a firm believer that Scholes is miles ahead of a Gerrard as a midfielder :whistle:

myself and probably every forumite around here has done as well as gerrard in the EPL

:p
 
Well if you keep the ball as well as Carrick, you don't really need a DM. Carrick's positional awareness is very underrated and is probably the main reason why he is criticised so much. He came in when we released Keane and fans were expecting another Keano (there's only one), but instead we got a midfielder who is in the right place at the right time and therefore doesn't need to tackle as much. His distribution is superb and not just ito accuracy but also in the timing of the pass. I think he is one of the reasons why we have won so many trophies since Keane left and done so well in Europe too. Then again, I am a firm believer that Scholes is miles ahead of a Gerrard as a midfielder :whistle:

I promise this isn't my duplicate account.

(You also forgot his many, many intercepts :) )
 
Firstly, you'd love it if I were in charge of signings. And just because I advocated a patient wait for signings from United instead of bitching when we hadn't confirmed anyone a full three months before the end of the transfer season.
Dude, I made a single tongue in cheek comment about signing a new sponsor rather than a player. My only comment ever on signings on this thread and you say I'm bitching? Your wife must love you.

Btw, that was sarcasm.... and I'm just having a laugh. Who could argue with a manager that's won everything and ended level on points with those resources.
 
Dude, I made a single tongue in cheek comment about signing a new sponsor rather than a player. My only comment ever on signings on this thread and you say I'm bitching? Your wife must love you.

Btw, that was sarcasm.... and I'm just having a laugh. Who could argue with a manager that's won everything and ended level on points with those resources.

My comment on your bitching came after your 2nd comment, so it wasn't just one :) Anyway, whatever, there's no point going on, shake on it?

And I'm not married :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X